5. cigarette daydream*

Days like today are my favorite in the studio

I worked in my office while two painters set up at the large window, thick white fabric splattered in colorful mess laid under their easels.

They asked to rent the space together for a project with their friend who played guitar.

It was quiet and peaceful, there were soft murmurs passed between them that filled the loft with the perfect blend of white noise and soft guitar strumming.

Their friend was good, he had a very folky kind of sound to his music that I didn't hear too often but appreciated.

The sun was out today even though it was cold and it gave the studio a warm hue that always restored my belief that New York is magical. No city filled with such grime and grit with people so harsh and sharp has ever been as beautiful as this one and that has to be magic.

It was a relaxing morning for sure, I answered emails and prepped some Instagram posts for the week.

My bagel sat half-eaten on the crinkled paper beside my empty coffee cup as I rummaged through my desk, trying to find a contract for a photographer who is renting the space next week.

The calm energy that flowed through the studio was harshly disrupted by a loud banging on the heavy door and an even louder Irish accent shouting in the hallway.

"ASSSSHHHHHTOON. COME OUT, COME OUT, WHEREVER YOU ARE."

I flew from my chair as fast as my chubby body would allow, apologizing profusely to the artists. "Oh my god, I'm so sorry. I have no idea why he's here. Give me just a second."

If looks could kill, the Irish fuckface behind the door would have been six feet under when I met his eyes. I snarled through my teeth at him in hushed whispers. "What the FUCK are you doing here Niall? How dare you show up here and be a disturbance. I have fucking clients in there trying to work. You're jeopardizing my BUSINESS you immature fuck. WHAT do you want!?" I had backed him against the other side of the hallway.

"Fuck, I forgot just how hot you are. God, I'm throbbing in my pants Ash, kiss it better." Niall's head was rolled back against the wall while he jutted his hips out toward me.

I grabbed his crotch as hard as I could without causing damage, causing him to hiss and wince, throwing himself forward by tucking his hips back in a desperate attempt to escape. "What do you want Niall? Also, how the fuck did you find this place?"

"Let me go, Ash. Come on, don't hurt the goods, they've always been good to you. Please, please, please." He was such a big talker but deep down Niall would always resort back to his puppy dog self. I released my death grip on his crotch and crossed my arms across my chest, waiting for answers.