7. toxic*

Please make sure you've read all warnings about the types of subject matter that will happen in this book.

If they are triggering to you and/or you aren't in a good headspace, I promise the story will be here for you when you're ready.

"I regret giving you my number. What do you need Ni?" My legs felt so heavy as I trudged through the apartment. My shoulders were slumped and my back ached like I was in my 70's.

I'd been a model today for some local artists. They all used different mediums to capture me in the same pose. I was standing on a pedestal for hours, holding the same position with one arm above my head and one holding the silk draped around my naked body.

I had two painters, a sketch artist, and a sculpture artist. They were all friends so they talked and laughed the whole time, filling the studio with my favorite kind of energy.

My plan for the night was very simple, an Epsom salt bath followed by a lengthy orgasm and a pint of cherry garcia ice cream.

I should have known the second Niall's face appeared on my screen that that would not be the case.

"I'm getting tattooed. Come hang out with us, we'll take you out."

I hung my head and shook it gently, knowing this would be a battle.

"Niall you have the WORST tattoo ideas. Do not get a tattoo. I'm not going anywhere, I'm exhausted and I do not have the energy to watch you be an idiot."

"Too bad, Louis should be at your place any minute. Get your juicy ass downstairs and come hang out with us."

I huffed an annoyed sigh before whining into the phone, "Niall I'm so tired! I just want to rest." to which Niall responded with, "Hey remember when you abandon all of us for three years without so much as a phone call? You owe us. Get. Down. Stairs."

"UGH, I hate you. Bye." I hung up on Niall and stomped my way to my bedroom to change my clothes

I managed to brush through my hair, slide my ass into a pair of jeans and a cami, and zip on a pink sweatshirt before I heard the buzzer go off at my door. I answered in a rush, telling Louis I'd be down in a second.

I slid on some air force ones, grabbed my purse, and made my way downstairs.

"Hey, Stranger." Lou greeted me with a smile and an open packet of cigarettes while I rolled my eyes at him.

"Hey, Shortstack. How'd lucky charms convince you to kidnap me?" I slid the addictive treat out of the carton and let him light it for me before we made our way down the sidewalk, toward the station.

"He didn't have to try very hard, we all miss you. Any opportunity to get your ass back out with us is an opportunity I'm gonna take." He gave me a quick wink and moved behind me as we moved through the crowded streets.