14. talk it so good *

*knee socks by the arctic monkey for the first section of this update. ribs by lorde for the second half :)*

The sleepover at the studio was kind of a catalyst back into the swing of things

The sleepover at the studio was kind of a catalyst back into the swing of things. The whole team was back together. We were still dysfunctional as all holy hell, but we were together.

A few days later Cora, Kenna, Rose, and I were all getting mani-pedis together and my face hurt from smiling and laughing with them. I had girlfriends. Plural. Multiple. That was new. In high school and college I never really had a group of girlfriends.

I was with the boys so often that I think girls were kind of intimidated by me or thought I was one of those girls who thought hanging out with guys is easier and "less drama" which is fucking bullshit.

It's not any less drama. Girls are the fucking best.

So sitting in a nail salon, gossiping with three girls who not only like me but like each other, was a dream.

Rose got multi-colored neon french tips, cut short of course because she's courteous to her lovers. I got barbie pink acrylics in an extra shine gloss, just the way I like them, Cora got a deep red color and Kenna went with lilac gel with a little daisy in the corner.

God, we were cute.

Kenna and Cora had mentioned something about Lou and Liam being out today, they were working on some project together I guess and it would take most of the night. I had intended to invite all the girls over for a girl's night full of vodka shots and face masks and sappy movies, but as we made our way from the salon to the shops next door I got a text that would change those plans.

H: You busy tonight?

Ash: Maybe. Why?

H: Don't be.

Oh God, my thighs clenched at the thought of his face between them.

H: Save the attitude. You used to love grinding on my tongue until I couldn't breathe didn't ya?

Ash: 6 pm. If you're late I'm starting without you.

The rest of the afternoon seemed to drag on forever. I was jittery with anticipation, my toes bounced in my shoes. I felt like I was crawling out of my skin.

Part of me hated myself for feeling like that, but he was addicting. It was like I couldn't wait for my next hit of him. I couldn't wait for the rush that came when his hands shamelessly wandered my body, gripping my softest and squishiest parts like he couldn't get enough.

Something about it felt different now. I think it was me, I think it was the way I viewed myself. I wasn't ashamed of my body anymore and it no longer felt like he was either. I don't really know that he ever was ashamed of my body.

Someday I'd have to ask. Someday we'd have to have that talk.

Not today though, I was not interested in talking, I was interested in suffocating that man while I rode his tongue.