Giving birth

Previous chapter summary:
Kaitlyn had to say bye to ashton again. He would be gone for a month and a half.

***

A/N: during this time period of the story, ashton is already back. The babies are due any day.

***

I was in the middle of a dream where Beyoncé threw a shoe at me while I was eating donuts. (yes I know, very weird dream) I felt something dripping down my leg. I woke up suddenly when I realized what it was. I started taking a lot of fast breaths. I hit ashton a couple times as I tried to catch my breath. He opened his eyes slowly. "What wrong?" He asked seeming concerned. "My water broke! My water broke! It broke ashton! My water broke!" I panicked a little. He immediately jumped up. "Okay. Okay. Don't panic. I'm going to wake up demi so she could help." He ran out of the room and I heard him wake up demi. "IM HAVING A CONTRACTION!" I yelled and in less than 5 seconds demi and ashton ran in. Demi was holding some bags and ashton helped me out of bed as we rushed downstairs to go to the hospital.

Ashton put me in the backseat. Demi sat next to me and Ashton drove. "Breath, baby girl. Breath" Demi said holding my hand. Ashton sped up.

When we got to the hospital ashton picked me up and ran with me into the emergency room. Demi was trailing behind us. "Nurse! Nurse! She's gonna have a baby!" Ashton yelled. Nurses immediately came and took me to a room. Demi and Ashton came in the room with me and they stood on both sides of the bed holding me hands.

***

"There's the head!" The doctor yelled as I continued to scream. "Push!" The yelled. I pushed. It was so painful and I still had another one coming. Then the baby popped out. I cried when I saw him. "Oh my god!" Ashton said looking at the baby boy. And then...time for the other one. Right after. In 3 minutes Ashley was born.

***

The doctors washed the babies and brought them back to us. By now, demi had gone out to the waiting room to see if there was anyone here to see me, or the babies. There was.

First, Mikey, and my parents came in. Then it was Luke and his mom, and Calum. Then Stevie, Jacob, and Jackson.

"Thought of names?" The nurse asked when we were alone again. We both nodded. "The boy. Connor Ashton Irwin. And the girl is, Ashley Kaitlyn Irwin" I said. The nurse wrote down the names and made sure that was how we wanted to spell it.

We both just sat there in silence with our babies. Smiling. "Ash..." He looked down at me. "Yes?" I sighed. "We're parents" I said smiling with a tear of joy running down my cheek. He whipped it away with his thumb. "I know" he nodded and we both let out a little giggle. "I can't wait to watch them grow up. I can't teach them how to play instruments. They are going to be music lovers. And Ashley has to stay away from boys. Like...forever" I laughed at that last part. "We'll see about that" I giggled his eyes widened. "Don't torture me like that!" He said. I laughed more.

This. This is all just the beginning. The beginning of everything. Our entire lives start now.