The awkwardness is real

Previous chapter summary:
Kaitlyn went to visit her brother Michael and his band mates. Her first impressions on them was weird. Calum was half asleep, Luke was half naked, and Ashton looked like a wet dog.
*******
Kaitlyn woke up. She thought it was like 8:00 in the morning. She forgot that she was in Los Angeles. She looked at the clock. It said 1:00 pm. She jumped. "Calm down. Your still in Aussie time." She blinked and rubbed her eyes and looked over at her brother who was sitting on the bed next to her. They stayed quiet for a while. Kaitlyn was tasting her nasty morning breath in her mouth and needed to get rid of it but didn't want to get up.
"Knock knock" Ashton said as he walked in. "Who's there?" Mikey said. "I heard voices so I assumed you were up" Ashton said ignoring michael and talking to Kaitlyn. She nodded. "I heard voices so I assumed you were up...who?" Mikey said with a small smile on his face. Ashton's face went blank. "Your mum." He said then sat on the edge of the bed. "That was an awful joke." Michael said getting up. Kaitlyn still hasn't said anything. "Cat, I'll be right back. I'm going to go downstairs really quick to get some food for us all. Ash will watch you." Ashton smiled. Kaitlyn rolled her eyes.
It took a couple minutes to say anything. Ashton finally broke the dead silence. "You look beautiful today." Kaitlyn glanced in the mirror across from the bed. She had dried up mascara running down her face. Her hair was frizzy. And she had no make up on. She did not see any beauty there. "Stop." Kaitlyn said looking at ash. "What? I'm just complimenting you. Is that a crime?" She shook her head. "Don't make this any weirder than it already is" ash stayed quiet for a moment. "I was being serious. You really look beautiful" finally Mikey walked in. "Here cat, food for my beautiful sister." She smiled. Ash glanced at Mikey then at Kaitlyn. "Really? You accept his compliment but not mine?" Ash lifted an eyebrow. "You didn't except a compliment from ashton? Oh no, that's gonna kill him!" Mikey said joking around. "He's my brother. Your not." Kaitlyn got up and quickly went to the bathroom to brush her teeth.
"Don't try to hook up with my sister or I'll kill you" mikeys face tuned from joking to serious in a second. Ash stayed quiet.