Back home

Previous chapter summary:
Kaitlyn was on the plane and the guy that's at next to her,Isaac, basically forced her to tell him what was wrong.

***

My plane just landed and my mom had texted me that she would wait in the front for me. After I grabbed my bag I headed for the entrance/exit to the airport and my mom was there. "Hi sweetie" she said. "Hi." I have her a hug but quickly let go.

During the ride back home, we kind of both stayed quiet except for when my mom asked me "how was your flight?" And I would just reply "long and boring" but after that it was dead silent.

I walked in my house. "Where's dad?" I asked my mom. "Working" she put her car keys down and walked to the kitchen. I bit my lip and ran up to my room with my luggage.

I sat on my bed and grabbed my laptop. I tried calling ashton on FaceTime. He didn't answer. I tried again. No answer. I texted him:

Hey, call me on FaceTime when you can. I just want to see your face.

I just dove under my covers and went on tumblr. That was my happy place.

About 2 hours later I finally got a text from...luke?

Hey, it's ash. Michael took away all of my electronics and hid them. So I'm using Luke's phone. How was your flight?

I couldn't just text him.

Can you call me? I replied. A minute later he called. I answered immediately.

A: "hey"
K: "hi baby"
A: "how was your flight?"
K: "it was long. Especially cause this guy next to me basically forced me to tell him what was wrong"
A: "was he flirting?"
K: "I thought he was but I told him I had a boyfriend"
A: "you gotta boyfriend?! Who is it I'll beat him up! No one takes my girl from me"
K: "it's you, doof. And FYI Michael already took me away from you"
A: "good point. But michael can't keep us separated forever."
K: "yeah I know"

We talked for a little while longer until ashton had to go because michael had gotten back from the store or whatever.