Chapter 23 Scary Stories

Chapter 23

I groaned and cried. My red cloaked slightly covering my head and face from the sun, but I was still sweating pretty badly as I rode on Cloud. The other princes were on their horses as well and covered in their own respective cloaks. We left before the sun could even rise and now the sun was slightly above us.

I breathed and wiped the sweat off of my forehead. "And this is why we should have brought the carriage." I muttered angrily. Custard was not helping either. His thick brown fur just helped to increase my body temperature.

"And must I keep on reminding you that we are taking a shortcut where no carriage can enter?" Ace was clearly getting annoyed. He doesn't have to pull his hood down for me to see his expression.

I clicked my tongue in annoyance. We have been in the forest for hours now that I could already see that your horses were panting tiredly. Ace must have noticed it too. "There's a river nearby. We'll take a short break." He announced and led our small pack to an open area where the river was.

For this journey it was only me, Nate, Ren, and Ace. PRINCE Ace insisted that we only need a small party on our trip. He sent the knights away to search at different areas as a distraction in case anyone was spying on us.

We got down from our horses and dropped the saddles and bags from them before we led them to the river to drink. Unfortunately, Cloud was too happy that she did not only drank, but started playing in the water - splashing us all with cold water from the river. Yes even the princes got wet and also their horses. I saw Garius - Ren's horse - spitting as it's wet maine covered it's eyes.

With wet hair dripping over their faces, they all turned to look at me accusingly. I raised my hands in surrender. "It wasn't me! It was Cloud!"

Ace wiped water from his face with his hand. "We know. And it is your duty as it's master to train it."

"Don't blame me! I got Cloud from Nate!" I pointed at the vampire prince who only brushed his wet hair back from his face.

"Honestly? I don't know what happened because Cloud was trained and bred to be fit for a princess. Now..." He looked at the white stallion who was now doing a circle and splashing us with even more water. "...I have no words to describe the feeling that I have right now." He sighed sadly.

"Hey, she's just happy that she gets to cool off. Besides, not all of my partners are like that. Look at Custard. He is very well mannered if not lazy." I pointed to an empty space beside my riding boots. I looked baffled for a second as I circled around to look for my little brown wolf. "Custard? Here boy. Where are you?!" I yelled out in hopes that my lazy wolf could hear me.

There was a yip as Custard emerged from the river and ran alongside Cloud as they played together. I bit my upper lips as my eyes rolled to where the princes were and saw them giving me looks of disapproval. I pointed to Cloud and Custard. "Is it too late if I disown them?" I suggested with a smile.

Midnight - PRINCE Ace's stallion - let out a lout and annoyed snort as it went away to dry itself under the sun. It even has the gal to look back and seemingly point a glare at Cloud.

Sheesh! Even the animals that come close to him are getting possessed by his evil voodoo.

And speak of the devil himself, I did not fail to miss the look in Ace's eyes when I realized that he was planning something. "Well, since it might take a while for us to start on our journey, might I suggest taking this time help the princess with her training?"

"I OBJECT!" I screamed.

"Great idea." Ren grinned.

"I'll get the wooden hook swords!" Nate ran for his bags. When he came back, he already had the hook swords in his hands. I pointed at them with a horrified look on my face before glaring at Nate. "WHY'D YOU BRING THEM!?" I demanded.