Chapter 38 Darkened Shadow

Chapter 38 

"Hurry! Move!" We were scrambling on our feet in a panic that Nate, Ace, and I decided that it was fun to exit through the same door at the same time.

"Admit it. Who gained weight!?" I demanded as I attempted to squeeze myself through the thin space.

"YOU!" Both princes yelled at me while Ren was busy pulling at my hands.

I let out a gasp at their words and suddenly I was three as Ren successfully freed me from the tight space. I crashed into his chest before I turned around to look at Nate and Ace, who were now fixing themselves. "You guys think I gained weight?"

They ignored my question and started to move. I looked at Ren, who was the only prince who was still by my side. "I gained weight?"

Ren looked taken aback by my question. "Rose, whether you gain weight or not, in the eyes of the right person you are still-"

"Yes or no, Ren?" I cut him off because he was clearly stalling since he doesn't want to answer.

"Rose, it doesn't-"

I narrowed my eyes at him dangerously. "Yes.Or.No?" I demanded.

"Yes." Straight to the point and straight through my heart.

I clutched my chest as I took offense at his word and let out a loud gasp. "I hate you." I whispered and looked away from his gapping face as I followed the two princes to the open area where they were supposed to execute Ingka. Unfortunately, there were too many people around that it was hard for us to pass through all of them.

"Damn these people!" Ace cursed and by the looks of it, he was desperately trying hard not to hit people in the head for pushing him. He even growled at a girl when she tried to move past him.

Nate, who was actually the first one to dive into the crowd, got pushed back until he was in front of me. "Tough crowd." He mumbled.

"We have to get the amulet to the chief." I reminded them.

Ace looked at me then. "Well? Can't you do something about this?" He said and pointed at the people in front of us.

I crossed my arms over my chest. "What do you want me to do? Bulldoze them with my weight!? Geez! I get it already. I'll start training when we head back to Thalia!"

"No one cares about your weight, you brainless buffoon!" Ace yelled at me. "Do we always have to point out the obvious to you? Go and do your goddess bullsh*t!"

Ohh...right.

"You could have said it nicely." I muttered and called for Custard so I can ride on his back. I patted my familiar's head and commanded him with my mind. Custard suddenly let out a deafening howl that caught everyone's attention. Suddenly, all eyes were on me. "Step away from the old man!"

"Which old man?" Someone from the crowd inquired.

"Both old men!" I said and glared at the person who said it as I ignored the offended look from both the chief and Ingka. "Get that village idiot out of here." I ordered to one in particular. A soldier suddenly appeared and dragged the poor man out of the crowd.

Good riddance.

I nudged Custard gently as the people parted to make some room for us to walk through. The princes followed right behind me. I saw that Ingka was crouched on the ground with his hands tied right behind his back. The Chief was there, sitting on a wooden chair. His eyes were red, probably from crying. A large man that I assume to be an executioner stood there with a large axe. I kept my hands steady when I saw that Fical was there. His hands were behind his back. There was a grin on his lips when he saw me and I felt a small rumble at the back of Custard's throat when he noticed my discomfort through our bond.