Chapter 82 Headbutt

Chapter 82

"Hello?" Ace was asking me but I refused to turn around and look at him.

I can't I am not ready yet.

"Aha..ha." I choked on my spit as I laughed. "Thank you. And sorry about that." I straightened myself up and fixed my shirt consciously. I sure hope that I did not smell since I was still wearing my training uniform.

Viex, the traitorous fox, switched to Stella as soon as I fell back. The two of them were now sharing a look as they watched how awkward the situation is.

"You seem familiar." I heard him say. "Your...your presence that is." I could hear him moving to my front in order to see my face. I began to panic and moved as well just to avoid making eye contact with him.

I know that we would see each other again when the time is right, but isn't this too early? And what are the Feradins doing? Why are they leaving him alone?

"I get that a lot. Like a lot A LOT!" I laughed again and was now shielding my face from him.

I miss him but I don't want to see him. If I do, then I would feel like I was back in those last moments that we interacted.

Where the heck are the Feradins?!

"I beg your pardon, but may I see your face? I swear you really look familiar." He started to shift and I followed his movements. He was getting really persistent by the minute that it was getting harder to make it seem like I wasn't doing it on purpose.

"Princess, are you avoiding me?"

"Wow! Pretty birds!" I pointed up at the sky to the nonexistent birds and immediately felt him scrutinizing me with his gaze. Even Viex and Stella have already moved away when they saw Nora being escorted by a guard to the garden.

And they say families should stick together.

"There are no birds. Are you feeling alright?" He sounded concerned for a bit that I remembered that it was how he spoke to me during our last moments together. I started to stare at the empty space in a daze that I did not realize that Ace had already moved in front of me.

He leaned forward until our faces were only inches apart. "Princess?" He called for me again and brushed a few strands of hair covering my face.

I was so shocked and flabbergasted that I screamed and headbutted him. Both of us yelped in pain as we clutched our aching foreheads.

"Ow! Why'd you do that!?" From my peripheral vision, I saw him started to raise his head to look at me. I panicked and poked his eyes instead.

"Don't look at me!" I yelled at the same time and was just about to run when I realized my mistake.

Why the hell did I just hurt a person with amnesia!?

I turned back. "Shit, I am sorry!" I whimpered, but when I saw him, I covered my eyes. I don't want to see him!

"What is wrong with you!?" He demanded. "You should look at a person when they are talking. Especially when you assaulted me."

"I'm sorry I'm sorry I'm sorry I'm sorry." I repeated over and over, but Ace has become more aggressive as he tried to pry my hands from my face.

"I said look me at!"

"No! I'm sorry! Please just leave me alone." I pleaded. "I am a princess! You can't do this!"

"And I am a PRINCE! DAMN IT, WOMAN!" He yelled. In that split second and in that exact moment, I heard the old Ace back and finally looked up. And when I did, I had a good look at his face.