Chapter 85 Do You Want To Be A King?

Chapter 85

As Queen Siera tried to see what was wrong with the king, I pulled my aunt to the side. She fought me at first, but later on, she must have realized that there was nothing that she could have done to help her husband.

According to Queen Siera, the king was placed under a comma. Our guess is that it must have been because of one of the potions that he was working on.

The greenhouse was a mess. Most of the vials and potions were scattered all over the floor. Papers were thrown everywhere and even tables were flipped. There clearly was a sign of struggle that led us to the conclusion that someone must have made the king purposely poisoned the king with his own creations.

No one knows who or why they did it, but the security in the palace certainly became strict after that. Every visiting royal shall now be accompanied by a knight or two. It caused quite a commotion at first, but with the summit still ongoing, everyone thankfully agreed. Probably because they felt sorry for the queen as well.

"I can provide healing potion and have my wizards assists the beastmen at a safer distance." Fred says while pointing at a part of the huge map on the table. "Also, to provide assurance of safety for every realm, I would personally join my magicians and cast protective barriers to every kingdom. We do not know where they would strike next, but it is better to be safe while we still plan on invading them."

"Wouldn't it be difficult for people to come and leave if we place a barrier?" Adam, Nate's half-brother, says.

"I'll assign witches and warlocks to serve as gatekeepers. Don't worry." Fred assured him.

"King Fred, I do not doubt your ideas and all, but shouldn't the Queen of Thalia give out her opinion instead?" It was Gregory Cleavelan, the first fairy prince and the one who's next in line to the throne. "It's been two days and she hasn't even given her opinion or even express her interest in this matter."

My aunt was in the room with us, but she wasn't even paying attention to what was happening in front of her. Instead, she just stared into an empty space.

I nudged her with my shoulder to bring her back to the present. My aunt jumped in surprise and must have realized that she was now the center of our attention, thanks to Gregory. "S-Sorry. Please proceed." She says.

"I'm sorry, but this meeting is just impossible to run if the head of all the kingdom isn't even interested." The king of the Trolls pointed out.

"I'm sorry." My aunt apologizes again.

"Queen Elizabeth, it has been two days now. We understand that you lost someone, but you have to do your job and-"

"He's not dead! He's just in a deep sleep!" My aunt rose to her feet and slammed the table. She gasped as soon as she realized what she's done. "O-Oh dear. I-"

Everyone, all except Fred, Nate, Ren, Dan, and the elves rose to their feet and slowly headed out for the exit.

"Apologies, your highness, but unless you can participate, we're afraid that this meeting will be postponed. Again." Gregory said before he and his family left as well. "Well come back in the afternoon. If you still can't take this seriously then...I guess that we all should go home and stop wasting our time."

I met Camille's gaze and glared at her warningly when I saw that she was about to make a comment as well. Viex growled lowly at her and dared her to open her mouth. Thankfully, whatever scare Custard did must have been engraved into her mind because she immediately shut her mouth and quietly followed the others out of the room.

Good riddance.

My aunt sight as she settled back in her seat. "I'm sorry..." She apologized again. These days, it's all that I could hear her say. "Everyone is working so hard and I am ruining every progress. It's just...there hasn't been any progress with Luke and the culprit still hasn't been found."