Chapter 49 Out of The Forest

Chapter 49 

Custard, Viex, and I arrived back at our campsite pretty late at night that we all just huddled up in one corner, no longer caring about where we were sleeping. I swear it simply just closed my eyes and when I opened them again, the sun had already risen and the princes were now starting to cook while slowly cleaning up the camp.

I wanted to cry. I want to sleep longer! Even my familiars were agreeing with me as we curled ourselves to the ground. I grabbed one of Viex's tails and placed it over my eyes to shield myself from the light.

"Rose, if you stay like that, you are going to get a sunburn."

"Good. I always want to get tanned anyway." I grumbled and turned over to my side. Then I heard a loud thud on the ground that made me crack an eye open to see what it was. It was a huge snake looking down at me with it's fangs exposed.

I let out a scream as I rolled over Custard and Viex. I was about to bring them with me but they were still in their other form that I doubt I could carry. "SNAKE!" I screamed and scrambled to my feet and jumped to Serena. Viex and Custard were immediately on their feet and ready to pounce.

"SNAKE!?" She screamed as well and darted her head back and forth while carrying me in a princess style. "Where? WHERE?"

"OVER THERE!" I yelled and pointed over to Ren, who was now doubling over with laughter. He was gently holding the python in his hands while it slithered its tongue like it was also amused by something.

'Apple?' The snake, which I now realize is actually a spirit, help an apple with its tail and offered it to us.

Ren let out a sigh. "Oh, gods. Your reaction is priceless!" He chuckled and scratched the snake's chin. "Well done, Manta."

"MANTA!" The crazy Nymphs gasped in delight and suddenly dropped me on the ground as she ran towards Ren. Manta saw her approaching and immediately panicked and wrapped himself tighter to Ren's neck.

Unfortunately, Serena didn't care. She grabbed Manta from Ren and started pulling the snake towards her. Ren chocked in the process.

Now it was my turn to laugh at him as I saw how unwilling Manta was to go to Serena. He tightened his hold onto Ren's neck that the dog boy was starting to turn purple.

Uh ho.

"SERENA!" I ran over and pulled onto Manta's tail while Serena was pulling on his neck. "Stop pulling Manta! You'll choke Ren."

"R-Rose...~" Ren's voice was hoarse as he struggled to say the words. "You too. Let...go."

Was he saying something? I couldn't tell because I was too busy playing tug of war with this crazy nymph.

"Manta is mine!" Serena yelled and she pulled hard enough that I almost tripped.

I looked up fiercely. Alright. She was asking for it.

I dug my heels to the ground and then I faced the other way. I gripped Manta's tail tightly as I began to pull.

"Holy shit you two!" I felt someone pulling the back of my collar and prying the snake off of my hands. I glared grumpily at whoever took the snake when I noticed that it was Terrence.

He was now cradling a terrified python in his arms while he knelt beside Ren. Ren was gripping his neck as he breathed heavily. "Just breath. Relax." He gently rubbed his back.

'No apples. No apples for the both of you!' Manta whimpered.

"Gee. That one time that girls were fighting near Ren, but it wasn't him that they were fighting over. That's just sad." Nate chuckled, earning a disapproving look from his father. Now it was Nate's turn to look pale.