Chapter 78 Life For a Life

Chapter 78

"Ace? I think you might have hit your head on something while you were in Tereau, because there's no way that it's possible." I said as I pictured out the size of the bark surrounding Tordis. "There's no way that you can manage that on your own!"

"That's the reason why I have this thing in the first place." He says while gesturing at the orb inside the bag. "It will provide me the magic that I lack to fully restore the tree."

I placed my hand on my hips and breathed deeply. "Where the hell did you get this crazy idea? And how sure are you that this is going to work? Don't tell me reading all those fantasy novels in my realm fueled this idea. Ace, I'm the one who should be coming up with crazy ideas! Not you." I pointed at him. "You should be the guy who gives out LOGICAL solutions. Not some fantasy theories!"

"Logical?" Ace raised a brow at me. "Have you forgotten what my magic is? I can revive dead plants. My gift is the oldest one there is. Having this magic brought up again after so many years must have its reason. Isn't that enough proof?"

Our voices must have been loud because the children were now coming to our side to see what we were arguing about. "What's wong?" Nora asked as she looked from me and then to Ace. "Your Auwa is not looking good." She says.

Ace kneeled down in front of her. "It's nothing to worry about Nora." He assured her. But obviously lying to a child who can see an aura is not really that effective. Her brows furrowed with worry.

"Lies." She told him and her eyes were a bit teary.

"It's just..." Ace paused. "Your brother has to go and help the others."

"I thought they told us to stay put?" Stella asked. When I saw Ace was about to glare at my sister, I stood behind her and glared back at Ace disapprovingly. As if a miracle happened, Ace looked surprised and looked away immediately.

No one glares at my sister. No. One!

"They did tell us to stay put. But they will need a bit of help as well." Ace says and kissed Nora's forehead. "Therefore, I should go."

"Prince." Kellar moved to the front. "Are you going alone? Let me come with you."

"I don't need a child to babysit." Ace says as he grabbed his bow and sheathed them behind his back. When he started to move, I blocked his path.

"Hold on. If you are going then I am coming with you."

"Are you fu-" He was about to curse when he remembered that Nora was here, listening. "Are you insane?" He corrected himself. "The king is after you."

"But I thought you said that your mission is to revive the tree of Tordis? Not to attack the king." I pointed out. "Let me come with you to...wherever it is that you are planning to go to."

Ace gave me a look. "And what of the children? Who will protect them? Who will protect Nora!?" He demanded.

I paused and turned to face Stella, Nora, and Kellar.

Kellar stepped forward. "Your highnesses, if ever the princess will join you, I can protect them to the best of my abilities. I am not the best but I am a decent fighter."

I looked at Ace and pointed at him. "See? He will cover for me."

"I can also use my magic to protect us as well." Stella says and grinned at Kellar.

Ace watched the two of them before he grabbed the sword from his belt and handed it to Kellar. "There's nothing special about that blade. But I am giving it to you so that you have the means to fight." Then he looked at Stella. "As for you, since you have a good bearing with your magic, just use it to stop the intruders. But never kill. You're too young for that."