Chapter 65 Feeding Program

Chapter 65

I can't believe this! They locked me up AGAIN! Just after they read the letter, they thought it would be best if I sit this one out because they still think that it can somehow be a trap. They don't want me to be a part of it because they thought it would be best if I never appear in front of King Ferius. Ever.

I have to admit that the first day that I was locked up, I screamed and cried myself to sleep in frustration. I even started picking on my nails because of the anxiety that it gave me.

Viex, on the other hand, was able to recover and it was his comforting and assuring words that my sister is well that helped me sleep that night. He and Custard took turns that night watching over me as I sleep.

Today is my third day of being locked up. But I still have no idea what their course of action is. The last I heard was that Sir Terrence would send out some scouts first and confirm about the map that I got from the letter.

Which was a very stupid idea! For all we know it was a one-time passage. What if they will get caught?

Viex was needed for this plan to succeed. In other words, I should be the one to go!

I watched the clock. It was almost time for them to bring me my breakfast. I know because I already heard the princes outside whispering to each other. They were being cautious because I almost got out yesterday when the maids delivered my breakfast. I snuck past them and bolted out. I would have gotten away if Nate wasn't such a nosey vampire.

For lunch and dinner, I pulled the same trick for two days now. That was why the princes decided that they would be the ones to bring me my food instead.

'Custard, Viex, get ready.' I reminded them of the plan as we waited in front of the door.

"Do you think she's waiting by the door again?" Nate whispered.

"She is. I can smell her scent and her familiars closeby." Ren says.

"Stubborn woman." Ace says. "You two, guard the door. Make sure that you close it when I enter. Do not open it until I say so."

"It was nice meeting you, PRINCE Ace." Nate said solemnly.

"Shut up, vampire. I'll count up to 3 and then you open the door."

'You heard him, guys.' I whispered to my familiars.

'Yes, Master.'

'Alright.'

The two of them hunched on the ground and readied themselves to attack.

I heard him starting to count slowly, and when he reached up to three, the door opened and Ace slipped inside. Custard and Viex jumped at him while I held the door open.

"MISS ME!?!?" I smiled at Ren and Nate even though I was struggling to keep it open. "LET ME OUT!" I screamed. Ren was trying to pry my hands off of the door while Nate tried to keep the door from opening even further.

"Let go of the door, Rose!" Ren says.

"No!" I bit his hands as he was trying to remove my hands. He yelped in pain.

I looked back to check the progress of my two accomplices. Viex was covering Ace's eyes with his tails as he perched on his head while Custard grabbed one of Ace's legs with his front paws and howled. 'Stooooop! Please!'. He was getting dragged on the floor while Ace continued to walk towards my table to place our food.

'Custard! Take it seriously.'

'But, Master. If I ask nicely, maybe he will stop? And I don't want to attack him. The food smells nice.'