Chapter 44 Magical Doorway

Chapter 44

'Help. Am-'

It was the last words that I heard from my dream before I woke up. I blinked slowly and felt myself floating. I carefully looked from side to side and realized that I was still in the water. I winced as I forced my body to move but to no avail

That's right. The last thing that I remembered after pulling PRINCE Ace to the water was feeling a burning pain to my chest. Every part of my body was burning despite being in the water. Steams of black smoke coiled from my body as I felt the foreign spirit being burn out of my body. It was like I was being steamed alive that my consciousness decided to shut itself.

I was floating on my back when a panther suddenly appeared in my line of vision and was looking down at me. Before I would have screamed, but now I simply reached out and scratched the back of his ear. Somehow, just by touching him, I knew his name. "Javi, you are cute and all but your breath stinks." I commented.

'Girl, you have been in the spring for far too long. Your skin would turn into a prune. Malduk has been out of your body for a few hours now.'

"Five more minutes." I groaned. I couldn't bring myself to move after all. My body felt numb.

Javi sighed and started pulling my hair to draw me closer to the shore. 'Forgive me but this is for your own good.'

"That feels nice." I laughed like I was out of mind. Actually, my mind was also numb and I did not care what was happening. Just the thought of being dragged by a cougar was funny. Period.

I finally stood up with a pout to see Custard and Viex waiting for me with a change of clothing. Since it literally took me hours to get out, both of them fell asleep on what was supposed to be my clothing.

How adorable. Just looking at Viex and Custard huddled together made me not want to wake them up. Of course that wasn't just an excuse for me to stay in the water for a little longer. I swear!

Javi gently nudged the two to wake them up. Viex, the serious one of the two of them, immediately got up while Custard just rolled over and exposed his belly. His tongue lolling to the side as he slept peacefully.

And that is why he is my spirit animal.

'Princess, are you done?' Viex asked while sniffing the air. 'It seems that Malduk is finally out of your system.' He tried grabbing the change of clothes that was prepared for me, but Custard was sleeping on it. '

'Wake up, wolf. Our master is awake.' He said.

Custard merely whimpered and turned to his side. 'Five more minutes.' He whimpered.

Viex gritted his teeth in annoyance. 'YOU HAVE BEEN ASLEEP FOR WHO KNOWS HOW LONG AND YET YOU STILL SLEEP?! THE TOTEM HAS GIVEN YOU HIS BLESSING AND THIS IS HOW YOU USE IT!?' Viex suddenly pulled the fabric, making Custard roll until he fell into the water.

'GAH!' Custard yelped and immediately swam to the surface. 'It's cold!' He shivered and glanced at Viex. 'Why would you do that?'

'You were sleeping on our master's clothing! And you better not go anywhere near it or you might soak it.'

Custard glanced back at me. His expression was too pitiful as he shivered in the water. 'Master, he's mean. Why would you make a contract with him?'

Javi and I exchanged glances before I straightened myself as my feet touched the bottom of the water. I reached out to grab Custard as I pulled myself to dry land. My old clothes hung on my body loosely and I suddenly felt cold. Javi immediately threw a towel over my shoulder before running to the side and shaking the water off of his fur.