Chapter 31 Birth of Healing

Chapter 31

I woke up in a very uncomfortable bed of hay covered by animal felts. Nonetheless, I was still surprised that I was able to sleep. I was even drooling.

I only woke up when someone let out a horrified scream outside of the tent that I was staying. "THE CHIEF HAS BEEN STABBED!" I heard a guy say and a few footsteps were heard as they used in panic.

I let out an irritated sigh and rolled over to continue to sleep. So the chief has been stabbed. Apply a bandage on it! No need to announce it. This is the very reason why tw*tt*er was invented in my world. To avoid these attention seeking-

"AND THE CHALICE IS MISSING!

I blinked sleepily and turned my gaze to the direction of the voice. It was still too early that the sun wasn't even up yet. But something about the announcement prodded me awake. It couldn't be, right? I was probably hearing things. For years it has been in this place. No way would-

"I REPEAT. THE CHALICE IS MISSING!"

"Bloody hell!" I yelled and scrambled to my feet and tripped. I fell on the carpet on the floor. Wait no. It wasn't a carpet. It was Custard.

'MASTER, THE CHALICE!' Custard said urgently.

"I know!" I yelled. Soon, Custard and I were racing towards the beaded covers of the hut. Once I was outside, I let out a horrified scream and pointed at the faces of the princes. "WHAT ARE THOSE!?" I pointed at the dark circles under the princes's eyes.

Ren simply yawned and rubbed his eyes while Nate looked alarmed and covered his face with his hands. "DON'T LOOK AT ME! I HAVE BECOME HIDEOUS."

"It looks really bad!" I gasped and grimaced as I watched their handsome faces being plagued by obvious signs of stress. I covered my eyes to shield myself from the reality that princes don't always have perfect skin.

"I hate to disrupt this VERY IMPORTANT conversation that you two are having right now to point out that the CHALICE is missing."

"THE CHALICE IS MISSING!" I screamed and attempted to grab Ace's collar, but then I remembered that they weren't wearing anything for a top. It was all bare and naked chest that I paused midway as I stared at the abs. I suddenly slapped my face to stop myself from staring. "Let's go!"

I suddenly ran to where the crowd was gathered and paused. I looked back towards the princes and pointed at the people in front of us. They were all waiting outside of a huge hut that I assume is owned by the chief.

"How are we supposed to get past them?" I whispered to them. The princes exchanged knowing glances before looking back at me with an evil grin plastered on their lips. I gulped.

"Oh we know of a way." Ren says and he was looking at Custard and patted his head briefly before heading towards me. "Rose? It's finally your time to shine. How about you do a little bit of lie for us, goddess?"

I looked at Ren and placed both hands on his shoulders. "That is a brilliant idea. Unfortunately, lying is bad." I gave him a disappointed look. "Shame on you."

"But you do it all the time!"

"Hey!" I pointed a finger at him. "I'll have you know that I am an honest liar!"

"What does that even mean?"

"It means..." I placed a hand over my heart and stared into Ren's eyes. "..That I put a lot of effort into lying and when I do lie, I honestly do it with all my heart and full of emotions that it makes you feel that I am telling the truth." I smiled peacefully as soon as the words left my mouth as if I just gifted them a bit of my wisdom.