Chapter 4 - Escort

Chapter 4

It seems to me that everyone was avoiding me as I marched my way to the queen's study or whatever you call it. The princes were no where to be found - probably hiding from me as I stormed off.

Once I reached the queen's study, I did not bother to knock. Instead I kicked the door open yelling, "WHAT PARTY!?" It was load enough that Dan jumped off the couch and spilled his tea on Ren's lap. Ren let out a girly screech at that. Nate quickly hid behind the curtains while Ace casually turned his back to me. So this is were they ran of to.

"Dear, we do have that round thing on doors called a door knob you know. The one you just broke." The queen says sipping her tea.

"WHAT PARTY!?" I demanded and I could not help but notice the princes flinching.

The queen almost choked on her tea. "Goodness. Straight to the point I see."

"What. Party." I said through gritted teeth this time.

"Um.." The queen looked uncomfortable telling me and tried to make eye contact with the princes for help. Unfortunately for her, they were looking at anywhere but the both of us. "You see, dear. It was suppose to be a surprise. You know. A descendant of the people of Gija, not to mention of royalty, could not go on unannounced." The queen stood up and stood in front of her desk. "This is a great news for all of the kingdom. It means that Tordis had not won over the war with Gija. You are my niece and I want to properly introduce you as a true princess."

"How long were you keeping this party from me?"

"My dear, it does not matter-"

"How long?" I asked again.

The queen sighed. "The king and I planned this the day after we realized that you're my niece."

"What about them? How long have they known?" I gestured towards the princes.

"Dear, don't blame them. I told them not to tell you. They were only doing what I asked them to do. Well except Prince Frederick, who is kind of a blabber mouth if you ask me." The queen muttered the last part.

"How long?" I repeated the question. I stared into the eyes of the queen making it clear that I would not stop until she answers me.

"The day after the king and I planned the whole event."

It was almost a week then. They were trying to plan a party for me without me knowing. And not just any party for that matter. It was to tell the whole kingdom that I'm a princess of a ruined kingdom. A princess who is the only survivor of that kingdom. Great.

I took in a deep breath before letting it out. "You mean to tell me that all this time. All the training that I was doing since I got back was just so we can have another party? And all this time none of you even bother to tell me?"

"Rose we-" Nate started to say but I cut him off.

"When is this party set?"

"About two weeks from now." Ren answered looking guilty.

"What if I don't want to have a party?"

"Dear, it's-"

"Cancel it." I said.

"We can't just cancel it. The invitations are-" Dan started.

"By order of Princess Rosalie Amber Stan, descendant of late king Varon and queen Izani Lanis." I said, which shocked everyone in the room. "I can make that call, can I? After all what you have taught me. As a princess I have the power to do so since I am a princess - with or without a kingdom. I can call off a ball only if it is mine. Since the party or ball whatever you call it is for me then I have the right to do so. Engaging the party without my permission will have serious consequences on your laws." At this I looked at Prince Ace. "Am I correct, PRINCE Ace?"