Chapter 83 Meeting

Chapter 83

I stood in front of the door where the royals and nobles were probably discussing mine and my sister's future. I raised my hand to knock, but I hesitated. Even from here, I could hear inaudible yellings and growls from a certain beast-men.

I was pretty sure that it was Ren and Dan.

"Are you sure you want to go inside?" Ace was stood beside me. His eyes were looking at me with worry, not because of my decision, but whether or not I can take the pressure that I would be put through.

"Not gonna lie. I want to run away from here as fast as possible, but that would cause more trouble instead. And how can they respect a princess who just hides under the shadows of others?" I said it after a sigh.

"I'll go with you then." He offered.

I bit back my lip before I laughed. "Thanks, but you're not yourself yet. I don't think there's anything you can do."

If he was his old self, he could definitely take the center stage and everyone would listen to him because he would curse them all and threaten their lives. At the memory, I let out a pained laugh.

"Then I will stay beside you in case anyone attacks. I'll protect you." He says, his eyes looking determined.

"With what? Do you even remember how to fight?" I asked him.

"I..." Ace looked away shamefully. "I don't but...at least I can shield you."

It's becoming way too difficult for me to tell myself that this isn't the real Ace. But yet again it kind of is since he was going on his instinct at the moment. I could not help but get flustered.

"You...You can stay beside me as moral support, but I don't want you to act as my shield. I have Viex to protect me." I pointed at the small fox on my shoulder, who raised his chin proudly and arrogantly at Ace.

I saw his gaze falter in disappointment before it was replaced with a small, yet sad smile. "Alright. I can do that." He says.

I kind of felt sorry for him because it seems like he took offense at my words about not being able to fight. But it's not my fault. I am worried about him as well.

I pushed the thoughts aside as I need to focus more on the matter in front of me. I knocked lightly on the door before I entered. Immediately, I could hear the yelling more clearly now.

"You're sending children to the Rogue king? Are you insane?!" King Luke screamed.

"They weren't supposed to exist in the first place! They didn't grow up in this realm. They're just foreigners!"

"Yeah? Try saying that again! I dare you, you weak troll scum!" I went in just in time to see Dan and Nate holding Ren back as he charged at the King of the Trolls.

The door creaked when I opened the door fully and everyone seemed to have quieted down. "Dear?" My aunt immediately rushed to my side. "What are you doing here? You aren't supposed to be here." She whispered.

My eyes met all of their gazes before I looked back at her. "No. I think I should." I said. "If they want to say something, they should say it to my face." I looked back up at them. "Carry on then."

"Good." King Rafael, Nate's uncle and the king of Vampires, snorted. "At least now you'll know your own faults!"

"Our fault?" I raised a brow at him. "Tell me how that is mine and my sister's fault that we were born of royal blood."

"My dear, your existence alone is dangerous for our kingdom. Do not take this into offense." Lukin, the king of the dwarves, was giving me a pitiful look like he was sorry for me. Well, at least he has the sense to be sympathetic.