Chapter 99 To Lose Empathy

Chapter 99

'Princess, focus!' I felt Viex slumping down when the supply of magic that I was giving him was cut off. In that brief moment of weakness, a few rogues were able to catch on and started targeting us instead.

I got down from Viex as he was still trying to recover from the unstable magic. Custard and I managed to handle a few of them with our backs facing Viex to protect him.

'Princess, behind you!' Viex yelled as a warning. When I looked back, I saw a leopard pouncing at me. Custard blocked its path but the leopard didn't fully reach us when a hood figured appeared, landed on the leopard's back in midair, and plunge his blade to its neck.

As they both landed on the ground, Ace took his hood and pulled me until I was beside Viex. "What are you doing? We're in the middle of a war." He told me. His face scrunched up in anger until he saw the look on my face. His face softened. "What is it?" Javi lets out a soft roar at that point making Ace turn to him. "What's that thing doing here?"

"Ace." My voice was shaking as I said it. "Ferius...he's in Thalia." I told him.

"Where in Thalia?" Ace's face hardened.

I looked at Javi since he wasn't specific about his words earlier. 'In the palace.' He said dreadfully. 'Please, you have to hurry. Prince Kellar, sent me to fetch some help. It was all too sudden that knights were immediately decapitated by his generals. They're currently residing in the village.' As Javi continued to talk, I diligently translated them to Ace.

Ace's expression turned grin before he grabbed an ally beast-men's attention. "My name is Prince Ace and I want you to go and find Prince Ren or Prince Dan." He told him. "Tell them that King Ferius is in Thalia. Hurry up. It's urgent!"

The Cougar beast-man looked troubled but nodded its head nonetheless as it ran to find the twins.

"Let's just hope that they find them in time." Ace mumbled and when he turned to me, he raised a brow. "What are you doing?" He demanded as soon as he saw me mounting Viex.

"Going back to Thalia." I told him. "Custard, come here." Custard hopped onto Viex back in his smaller form alongside Javi.

"It'll take too long."

"Not with Viex." I told him.

"I'm going with you then." He says and hopped on to Viex as well. "I faced those bastards before. You, on the other hand, have not." He says.

"Right." I nodded. "Let's go, Viex."

The ride felt like forever, especially with the growing anxiety of the safety of your family and loved ones. It was not easy to stop myself from telling Viex to move faster, not with all the weight that he's been carrying. I could even feel that Viex was getting somewhat tired but he kept on pushing himself.

As we reached the village, the whole place was frozen in ice.

No, not frozen.

The whole village was surrounded by ice and protected the village from the rogues who were trying to crack it open.

"That amount of magic. It's definitely the work of your sister and Chace." Ace concluded.

Viex started running in a full circle around the ice dome. As we got to the other half of it, I saw that the palace itself was frozen solid.

'They're in the village, princess.' Javi instructed me.

'Javi, do you know of a way in?' Viex asked him.

'Princess Stella or Prince Chace should be in the village and looking out for our arrival.'

I watched a few of the rogues on standby all around the dome and frowned. "So, we have to fight our way in?" There weren't that many of them, to be honest. I figured that majority of them were left behind in Tereau to keep the others busy.