Chapter 57 Melting The Ice

Chapter 57

It has been a week now and we have been constantly practicing with both my magic and physical training. Terrence is an excellent teacher, obviously. And I could see a lot of improvements from all of us.

The princes mostly since I still find the time to sleep somewhere when Terrence isn't looking.

Ace is surprisingly a good teacher in magic as well. He would occasionally threaten me whenever I make a mistake, but he doesn't really follow it through.

"One more lap, Viex." I commanded as I tried to maintain the flow of magic onto Viex while practicing my whip. It's very hard to multi-task especially when I just got distracted by a pretty butterfly.

"FOCUS!" Ace snapped beside me that I immediately looked towards my targets once again.

"Yes, boss." I said and hit the training dummy with my whip again.

'Master, it's almost my time.' Custard says in my mind.

I watched Viex. As soon as I saw him stepping over the boundary, I cut off his supply of magic and transferred it to Custard. The moment that Viex turned back to his smaller form, Custard already finished morphing and started running.

"Very nice transition. You're getting good at this." Terrence applaud as he watched Custard doing his lapses. "Now, why don't you try evading some attacks?"

"What attacks?" The moment I ask, I saw a fist flying in my direction. Unconsciously, I moved to the side to dodge it.

"Well done, princess. But can you keep up?" Terrence smirked as he continued to throw punches and kicks in my direction. Evading isn't a problem for me because the princes already taught me that long before Terrence started teaching. My problem right now is that I have to constantly keep in mind the amount of magic that I am feeding Custard.

I withdrew my whip and turned it back into a sword as I block and parried most of his attacks with it.

'Master, I am running low.'

I gritted my teeth and transfer magic back to Custard.

"Hey. You're giving him too much!" Ace chided behind me as I continued to dodge and block them both.

"Hold on. It's too difficult to-" I tripped on a pebble while moving back and landed on my butt. I heard a yelp and saw Custard morphing back into a smaller size in the middle of running. He flew and crashed into Viex and they rolled around repeatedly on the ground before coming to a stop. I sighed. I guess this was still too difficult for me to handle.

Terrence crouched down in front of me. "Don't feel so bad, princess. You actually did pretty well considering that it was your first time to fight and transfer magic at the same time."

I pouted and drew my knees closer to my chest. "I feel that it's too impossible."

"No, it's not. Prince Ace could do it." Terrence said and pointed at Ace, who was currently standing behind me. Ace picked up my collar and hauled me up on my feet.

"You were transferring too much magic onto your wolf." He said.

"I had it but I just can't control it properly while fending for myself."

"Keep practicing until you are able to do it with your subconscious." He simply stated and looked up as the sun was beginning to rise. "You should leave now."

"What?" I complained and immediately turned to face him. "I'm sorry, okay? I know that I have been a difficult student, but you can't just dismiss me. You said it yourself. I just need more practice!"