Chapter 71 Freezing Point

Chapter 71

******[KINGDOM OF TEREAU]********

Viex and Ace finally reached the other end of the hidden passage. For Viex, it was a long and agonizing process because he could feel the elf prince glaring at his back to hurry. It wasn't Viex's fault. Kaya was taking his sweet time floating around them.

As soon as they got out, Viex was more than happy to see a friendly face. Kellar helped them out by removing the covering of the wall. Ace was dusting his clothes and giving the younger prince a look. "First, you made me wear those cheap and obsolete armors. And then, you made me crawl into a very narrow secret passage. What's next? You're going to make me act polite?"

Kellar was taken aback at his words. "Aren't people suppose to be polite in the first place?" He asked. It wasn't sarcastic. He was just wondering why the prince would ask him such a ridiculous question.

"Not for a PRINCE." He snapped at him before dusting his chest one more time. "Now, where's is Rose's sister?"

"Her name is Stella." Kellar corrected him and started moving in the other direction. "This way."

Viex jumped onto Kellar's shoulder out of habit. The young prince was temporarily startled but didn't mind him at all. In fact, he was thrilled that Viex was comfortable with him enough to stay close to him.

They have passed rows of empty cells, which all were dimly lit and smelled badly of either rot or piss. Even the PRINCE himself couldn't keep his face straight and grimace in disgust at the odor.

Kellar suddenly stopped and Viex looked up to see what he was looking at. Lucas, Kellar's second brother was in front of Stella's cell and seemingly laughing at her. But by the looks of things, Stella acted like she didn't see him. In fact, she acted like she didn't see him.

Lucas seemed pissed when Stella yawned and made herself more comfortable on the ground. "Are you done?" Viex heard her ask in annoyance, an attitude that nearly - but not completely - surprised him. He somehow compared the young girl to the princess and how their attitudes are a bit similar.

Both of their mouths don't have any filter and could potentially get them into trouble.

Lucas suddenly pulled out a whip from his side and raised it in the air as if to hit her. "I think someone needs to learn their manners for a bit."

Viex almost fell when Kellar suddenly ran to stop his older brother. But the elf prince was faster. He reached Lucas in no time and knocked him out by hitting his head to the wall hard enough that his eyes rolled into his skull.

"That was a very bad form. Even Rose has better control of her whip than you." He kicked the now unconscious second prince and threw him inside an empty barrel. When Ace looked back, he noticed Stella looking at him with wide eyes. "What?" Ace asked. Then he noticed that Stella's nails were covered in ice spikes like she was really to hurl them at her opponent.

Stella noticed what the elf man was looking at and immediately dispersed the ice on her nails. "Sorry. I was going to strike him until you knocked him out."

Ace was baffled at what he just saw. So it is true that she's a winter fairy. But how the hell can this girl control her magic so well?

"Stella?" Kellar finally arrived. "Are you alright? What did he do to you?" He asked her worriedly despite the fact that his brother is inside an empty barrel.

Stella shrugged. "Nothing. He simply asked me to join them. He says that with my magic we can overthrow his brother. He asked me to be his queen."

Ace and Kellar frowned at the same time. But it was PRINCE Ace who knocked down the barrel with the Lucas in it while Kellar kicked it to who knows where.