Chapter 88 PRINCE

Chapter 88

Nate, Fred, Serena, and I headed for the library since none of the other royals would even think about looking for us here. I have asked Stella and Kellar to keep a lookout as well just to be safe.

Meanwhile, Nate and I brought Fred up to speed on what was going on.

"So you can break curses/spells with the chalice?" Fred asked as he examined the chalice on the table. "That's a strong magic. Probably the strongest there is."

"Yeah." I nodded. "Which is why I have to keep it safe." I looked at Nate. "What happened with King Meruem? Is he going to stay as well?"

Nate shook his head. "No. He was brought here so suddenly that he left his kingdom without prior notice. But he has agreed to help. His kingdom can provide us with food. Not to mention safe passageways when trading. The land is no longer safe for us to travel afterall. With what happened in Atla, he and his people are more than willing to join the fight. I have to say that it was a good idea for you to bring him here. And I was getting troubled with the budgeting."

"That wasn't my idea. It was theirs." I deadpanned and pointed at Custard, who was currently being chased by Serena. "I only wanted information on whether or not we can cure Ace with the chalice."

"YOU'RE WELCOME!" Serena screamed somewhere in the background. I don't even want to know what she's trying to chew on now.

And here I was, thinking that the Nymph has been cured of her constant babbling when her fellow nymphs have been restored. I guess I was wrong. Terribly wrong.

"In any case, the more allies, the better." Fred says while laughing.

The library door suddenly burst open and in came Ren and Dan carrying a terrified elf prince. "W-Wait! What's going on? What did I do?!" Ace seemed troubled as he looked at both Ren and Dan. The twins were grinning wickedly like they were enjoying the work. I guess that they were probably enjoying this moment while they still can.

They sat him on a chair that was facing the rest of us and the chalice. Then they stood on either side of him as they pinned him down.

I frowned at the twins. "You guys do know that there's a chance that he will remember this when he wakes up, right?"

The twins flinched as they looked at each other, then at the frightened elf prince, before looking back at me.

"Rose?" Ace looked up at me. "What's going on? Why am I here?"

Great. Not only did the twins not tell him anything, but they probably took him in such a way that he thought that he was being kidnapped or something.

I went towards Ace as I tried to comfort him. "Hey, Ace. I'm sorry about this. But you're actually here because I found a way that may be able to help restore your memory."

Ace raised a brow at me. "If that is the case then shouldn't you guys just tell me instead of chasing me across the hallway, tackle me, and then carry me to this....secluded library?" He suggested.

I glanced at the twins, who were both avoiding my gazes at the moment. "Yeah. Why didn't they thought of that? I wonder?"

Dan raised a hand in excitement. "Oh...OH! I just wanted to see the face of Eltur and Darem panicking while we took their dear beloved baby bro-" Dan met Ren's glare and he suddenly gulped. Then he turned to me with a very serious look. "Forget I ever said anything."

"Is it true?" Ace asked. When I looked down at him, I saw both fear and relief coming from them. "Will my memories be restored because-" Ace paused when he noticed that there was a Nymph at his side, watching him very closely with wide eyes. "Um...hi?"