Chapter 76 A Blonde Hermione

Chapter 76

"His name is..." Stella hesitated as she glanced at her friend Leo. When the little boy seemed nervous as he exchanged a look with my sister. Viex let out a sound that caught Stella's attention. I saw Viex nodding at her in encouragement. Stella nodded back and looked at me. "His name is Kellar, and he's the son of king Ferius."

My body tenses up at the name and I looked at the child. The boy, Leo or Kellar, seemed both ashamed and nervous under my scrutinizing gaze.

"But he's not bad! I swear." Stella says and waved her hands to catch my attention. "He's nothing like his brothers and father." She insisted.

My mouth opened and closed like a fish. I badly wanted to point out all the red flags about having the son of King Ferius here and the threat that it would bring. But I stopped myself because I didn't want to seem harmless in front of my sister.

Not when she was giving me a chance. "It doesn't bother you at all? That he is King Ferius's son?" I said this instead. I should listen to her first before making my conclusion.

"Of course not. Not every child has to bear the burden of their family's sin."

'Princess.' Now, it was Viex's turn to speak. He moved and sat on the ground just in front of me. 'When I was with them, this child was able to communicate with an old spirit. A spirit that would not trust just anyone, especially someone related to the rogue king.'

I looked at the boy. "Kellar, right?" He nodded. "If you can communicate with spirits then that means that you have a familiar as well?" I questioned him.

He shook his head. "No, princess. The curse that runs through my father also runs through all of his children. All I can do is communicate with the spirits."

"Does anyone know who you really are?"

The two of them exchanged a look. "Only the elf prince who saved us. Prince Ace." He answered.

"Please, Princess." I turned my attention back to Stella. She was clasping her hands together and pleaded with me. A gesture that I remember her doing when she was a child. I almost teared up at the sudden nostalgia. "Please vouch for him. Don't let them kick him out."

"Stella." Kellar said softly. "In the end, it would be up to her to decide." he says before looking back at me. "Princess, whatever you chose, I will not hold any grudge against you because I fully understand what my family has done to yours. So please, I want you to judge me because you deem that I am worthy and not because of the influence of others."

"Kellar!" Stella looked at him worriedly.

'This idiot!' Viex hissed.

Watching the young prince of Tereau, I could not help but admire his honor and sincerity. I haven't met the rogue king yet, but it was hard for me to believe that this child is related to that man. Considering all the awful words that I heard of him.

"If that's the case, then I guess we can keep this secret with us first. As you said, you want me to judge your character, right? And that is just what I am going to do. Prove to me that you're nothing like your father." I told him.

"How do I do that?"

Good question.

"Um...minus points. It should be your job to think about that. Not mine." I got up quickly to avoid their gazes.

"Very well, princess." Kellar bowed. "I shall see to it that I will receive your trust."

"Keep getting close to my sister and I will kick you out myself." I whispered.