Chapter 33 I Told You So!

Chapter 33

My gaze was casted onto the ground as I waited for the reply of the others. I think all of us were in shock as we tried to absorb what Custard just revealed to us. I mean, I don't even know what to feel.

"If that's the case then, Rose, these are your people." Ren says. "That means that you are not their goddess, but their princess."

I actually wanna correct that and say that I am a queen, but we all know that I am not ready for that responsibility just yet. I already want to quit being their goddess and they expect me to what? Become the queen? No thanks. I'll just nod and pretend that I haven't realized it yet.

"Uh huh. Wow amazing." I nodded as my eyes rolled to the side, avoiding their gazes.

"Rose, this is actually a big news! It means that you are not the last of your kind." Nate says.

Right now, he was sitting on Custard. His eyes no longer looked like a zombie.

"But king Ferius is still after me. Remember? Royal tamer blood?" I said. "I actually don't know if I won the lottery by having royal blood because it comes with a lot of pros and cons."

"Hold on." Ace says as he looks at all the people around us. "If your familiar says that they are tamers then why can't I see their contracted spirits?" Our eyes darted to all the people in this village. They were busy doing their daily routines like cooking, weaving, gardening, hunting, and training. There were men, women, children, and animals.

But no spirit animals.

I looked at my familiar. "Custard, how were you able to tell that these people are Tamers?"

'The..' Custard let out a whimper like he was feeling guilty about something. 'The dark spiritual shadow that I destroyed earlier was supposed to be the familiar of that girl. My guess is that these people had their supernatural essence taken from them by Lord Nagga.' Custard says and I relayed the message to the princes.

"Why would the late king take away their essence?" Ren thought out loud.

"More importantly, why did the spirit turn dark?" Ace asked.

"Is the spirit gone forever?" I asked in concern because of the word 'destroyed' that Custard said earlier.

'From lord Nagga's memories I can only guess that the spirit was corrupted the moment that an essence is forced to recover. I don't know how to cure such spirit but I know that if I let it go on then the girl will die along with the spirit.' Again, I passed that very same message to the princes.

"We have to go to the chief." Ace declared. "I'm going to beat some stupid information out of the big pile of fat."

Nate nervously looked around us after Ace's claims. "I don't think you should freely advertise your plan out loud." He whispered. "And don't forget that we still have a task to save those sibling healers. We need to continue on questioning the others."

"It will be fine." I assured them as a thought suddenly occurred to me. "Because I think I know who attempted to kill the chief and stole the chalice."

Ren and Nate looked surprised as they looked at me. "Really? Who is it?" Ace asks, it was only him who didn't seem impressed at all.

"It's the uncle." I said. My voice is full of seriousness and determination.

"How can you say that?" Ren asked while I already saw Ace shaking his head.

"How can it not be the uncle? It's always the uncle. They have the motive and means!" I said proudly. Ren and Nate stared at me while looking disappointed while Ace simply sighed as if he already expected this answer from me.