Chapter 63 Mysterious Package

Chapter 63

I immediately ran to find my aunt. They were still back to where I left them. When my aunt saw me, she was about to scold me for running, but seeing the look on my face, she held back.

"Dear, what's wrong?"

"Where's the carriage you took to get here? I need to get back to Thalia immediately." I told them.

"You're leaving already?" Fred interjected and came forward.

I nodded. "It's Viex, my other contracted spirit." I held my head as I tried to remember the last words that he told me. "He told me that he was in Thalia. And I feel it. He's in trouble."

Fred nodded and called for a servant. "Get my carriage immediately."

"But, sire, with all the carriage parked, we just can't get through!"

"What?" Fred asked incredulously. "This is supposed to be a kingdom of Magic. Such a small matter is irrelevant. Think of a way to move it."

We were running out of time. I glanced at Custard. 'Do you think you can run there?'

'I can. But Viex is running out of magic. He will need all the magic that you can spare. If you use it on me now then what about Viex?'

Magic. I need more magic. I looked at Fred. He was still barking orders at his servants. I could ask him but he obviously can't leave now. It's his event.

But there is still one who can help me.

"Fred, excuse me for a moment. I'm sorry." I said before turning in the other direction.

There he was, being held by Eltur while Ren was being held by Darem as they both tried to reach Dan.

"Excuse me!" I said and pushed past the others to grab the sleeve of HIS coat and ran. I looked back and felt relieved when he actually followed me even though he was probably confused as to why I grabbed him. "I need your help. Please. I'll do extra training or whatever. It's just an emergency."

Ace didn't ask any more questions. He just nodded.

As soon as we got out, I channeled enough magic energy to Custard and morph him. Some nobles panicked and ran away as soon as they saw a white and black wolf standing in the middle of the road.

I jumped on Custard's back and gestured for Ace to do the same. "Where are we going?" He asked as soon as he was on Custard's back.

"Thalia." I answered just before Custard took off on a run. I was baffled at how fast he can actually run. After all, riding comfortably isn't our main objective here.

We were running against time.

Custard suddenly changed paths and headed into the woods just to avoid the incoming carriages headed to Hazel.

"What the hell?!" Ace cursed.

"Custard, says that he's taking a shortcut." I answered his unspoken question. "By the way, I'm sorry I took you all of a sudden. You weren't able to properly part with Nora."

"You said it was an emergency. She'll understand." He says. "Why are we in such a hurry anyway? You'll drain your magic if you keep this up."

"It's...kind of complicated. I'll tell you later."

His expression changed. "Tell your wolf to stop." He ordered me.

I looked back at Ace. "I swear I will tell you after. Right now, I am so worried that Viex-"

"Not that you fool!" He screamed at me and forced my head to turn back to the front. "Your wolf is about to jump off a damn cliff!"

I stifled a gasped when I saw that he was right. Custard was charging at full speed towards a cliff. "Custard! A cliff!" I screamed. "Brake. Where's the brake?"