thirty six

moons pov

.

.

.

A few hours had passed since myself and Ezra had eaten, and it was around 4pm now. I peered out of Ezra's apartment window curiously looking at the weather. The sky was dimming, but rays of sun were obstructed by stray clouds floating through the sky. 

Ezra had put on a very flamboyant outfit for the day, a shirt dazzled with rhinestones and acentric  earrings..

"wow, you're looking  very fancy, I didn't realize we were supposed to get this dressed up" I chuckled a little embarrassed thinking I was underdressed.

"Well thank you Moon, you're looking better than ever. Now look at me." He said confidently. I took my palms off of the windowsill they were resting on and twisted my body around to look at Ezra better. He began t gradually approach me and he said in a low tone of voice.

"we are going to go out today, you are going to forget all about Claire, and we are going to take some bomb photos of us really enjoying ourselves. Prove to her that you are doing better than ever without her." He practically ordered me, gesturing with his hands the entire time. He looked so excited, and although the idea at first felt sort of morally wrong since I was never a vengeful person. 

However, seeing Ezra happy and so excited to show us off, I couldn't decline. I felt as though I needed to repay him for all the time I spent hanging out with Claire instead of him in the past anyways.

"sure thing" My confused pursed lips turned into more of a smile.

"Good!! Because I have booked us into a fancy-ish bar thingy..." he mumbled his words at the end.

"Oh god, it is fancy?!" I said a little concerned at first.

"No no no no, not that fancy, its a cute little place... you know what just don't worry about it. I'm pretty sure they have live performance/karaoke things." He laughed

"Oh my god..."I face palmed softly.

"I don't know..."

"cmon." He grabbed my arm and a beige puffer jacket for me incase i got cold after the sun went down.

"I know you're not usually a fan of all this stuff but I think, why not get out and maybe we can make some friends, it would be good for us." He said practically dragging me across the room now.

My mind was a little doubtful, but honestly, it had been a while since I had done something out of my comfort zone and exciting.

"okay, lets go then... let go of my arm so I can put some shoes on!" I gigged, whilst rolling my eyes sarcastically.

Slipping my shoes on, Ezra grasped his keys from his desk and walked to the door with me and locked it before we began to leave the place. 

*

We began to walk down a small lane filed with small cafes and little plants. The light was fading rapidly but it looked beautiful. Lucking we both had our phones for light on us for when it got really dark.

"looks like there wasn't much point in putting on these outfits if nobody is gonna see them in the dark" I sighed.

"Honestly, It doesn't matter cos you are gonna look bomb in the photos I take of you anyways." He laughed nudging my shoulder. 

"I guess" I smiled.

In the distance, the muffled beat of music began to get clearer. The raucous sound of combined voices chatting and also singing in unison  began to come through too. Glancing over to Ezra who was walking to my right, I saw him shoot me a smirk.