eight

Clairo's pov
.

.

.

.

I don't think I had ever prepared myself so quickly before in my life. Grabbing my phone, purse and some clothes, I quickly stumbled out of my front door in a desperate attempt to make it to Moon's as fast as humanely possible. Hearing her little sniffles on the other end of my phone made me know something must had been up.

Now knowing she must be upset about sonething made my heart shatter. I don't know what she had to be upset about she was such a good person. She had a good heart.

With my shoe half on I was quickly walking down the bustling street. In my small bag hanging on my shoulder I had dress for myself to take to the party, I was hoping we could both get ready together and make ourselves feel super pretty, but if she is super upset I guess we wouldn't go to the party which I respect.

As the light began to dim the only thing on my mind was making sure that she was alright. She was my first priority.

*

*Knock knock*

My cold knuckles tapped quickly against the cold plastic of her front door. I waited outside her door for a minute patiently waiting for someone to answer. The hot air from my lungs hit the glass pane on the door making it fog up.

Just as I went to knock again thinking nobody was coming, the door slowly began to swing open.

"Oh hey! Uh I'm here to see Moon, I take it you're her father?" I asked politely straightening up my posture.

"Oh yeah I am" he smiled softly, he had quite long hair and was dressed in jeans and a plaid button up.

"What's you're name by the way?" He asked politely.

"Oh sorry I didn't introduce myself, I'm Clairo" I apologised.

"Oh you're Clairo, I've bit about you, cmon in" he gestured with his right hand to come in the door.

I made my way into her house and sat down on her small leather sofa. But j began to think she must have talked about me to her dad. U didn't know weather that as a good thing or not but either way I felt very appreciated.

"MOOOOON" her dad shouted calling her from downstairs In a low voice.

"Oh clairo!!" She yelled muffled from behind her room door as I heard her coo from upstairs.

"Cmon up!" Her voice cracked and sounded a little shaley still.

Quickly, I skipped up the stairs and pushed my way into her room. She sat crossed legged on her bed, a pillow in her lap and her hands resting softly on it. I took the decision to sit next to her on the bed facing her.

"Hey moo what's wrong" I empathised seeing her eyes a little bloodshot.

"It's nothing honestly it's not even a big deal I'm just over reacting" she sniffed a little twitching her lips.

"Cmon I know that's a lie" I cracked a smile at the side of my lip trying to encourage her to talk about it or to at least feel a little more comfortable.

"Uh, how can I deny you" she sighed a smiled as she rubbed her sore eyes.

"Ok so basically I've practically failed my photography class because when I was on Call to you these girls were with me and..." She rambled on as I sat patiently and tried to take in what she was saying. She stuttered and stumbled upon almost every word, due to the fact that she was a bit distraught.