eleven

Moons pov

.

.

.

I sat in the court yard of of my school, Ezra sat next to me peacefully snacking on some food, he had a ham sandwich and I had a pasta pot. However I didn't feel too hungry despite the meal Infront of me. I twiddled with the plastic fork twirling it around but never actually talking a bite.

I had a lot on my mind and I guess that sorta ruined my appetite. I coudln't get my thoughts away from what happened last night, it was o overwhelming, yet... Exciting.

"Moon..."

"Hm?!" I replied perkily quickly snapping out of my daydreams.

"What's up moon you look....distant?" Ezra questioned examining my exhausted looking face.

"Oh yeha it's nothing... Just tired from the party last night" I lied speaking softly.

"Whatever you say..." He trailed off making me suspicious. I shot him a confused look. He leaned into my ear and began to whisper slurred words to me.

"Moon, I heard rumors about the party..."

"Wait what did you hear-" I asked and perked my head up in panic.

"Oh, about you yelling at her, because she accidentally spilt her drink on you.... Aaaaand she said she offered you her dress...but you denied it and broke her glass or something?" He continued.

"What NO?! That's not at all what happened?!" I pleaded with him to understand me..

"Ok ok ok relax, don't worry it's not a big deal ok calm down." He placed his hand on my shoulder. I had tensed up already and felt very angered. I can't believe that girl. First she does that and then accuses me of something that never happened?!

That wasn't even the worst part, if people at school knew,they would definitely side with her because... She was popular and all.

"Pfft... Forget it nobody would believe me anyways there's no point" I rolled my eyes and slumped in defeat. I looked back up at Ezra who had squinted his eyes in confusion examining my expression.

"W-what?" I stuttered out

"Hmmm I don't buy it..." He crossed his arms.

"What do you mean??? I thoughts you'd always side with me in these things youre supposed to be my best friends you know." I laughed embarrassed.

"No no no that's not what I meant" he corrected himself.

"I mean I don't buy you... Like you're acting all weird...." He trailed off.

"What Chu mean..." I asked suspiciously

"I mean that's not the only thing that happened is it?? You look distant." This is the problem with best friends. They know you better than you do. Of course I had stuff on my mind but I didn't know how I felt exactly. Everything had become so overwhelming and confusing over the last few days. And it was like all my feelings had become tangled up and I wasn't sure how to unravel them.

"Cmon Moon... You can't deny it" he gave me that look.

"Okay so maybe there is something else." I admited. In almost an instant his eyes widened in anticipation as he clasped his hands together and knew he was right.

"Cmon let's hear then." He teased.

"I don't even know how I feel- I'm not sure if I can physically tell you." I said stubbornly.

"Awh Moody cmon...." He practically pleaded.

"Right so you have to promise to tell nobody" I made him swear.