seventeen

Moons pov

.

.

.

"Hmpphhh" i lets out a huge breath as I took as seat downstairs on a double decker bus. The seat was slightly damp, probably from the last person who sat there.

Ew. Just the thought of that have me shivers. Other than the rain that is. It socked through my clothes and although we were slightly sheltered, I still got pretty damp. All I wanted now was to go home and rest and forget about today. It was pretty much a disaster.

I stared out of the foggy window and watched droplets of water race their way down the window pane. I could feel Ezra's thigh resting against mine, it was oddly comforting though, we knew both of us were too tired to talk so we just sat in silence watching the world whizz by behind the safety of the window.

I was slightly dissapointed. This morning I was slightly hyping myself up for finally trying my dad about Clairo, and how we are more than friends. However, since the day continued and everything went to hell. I felt pretty put off.

First the song, then the class incident, now the rain?! Where did the summer gone so fast I could hardly believe it was almost October.

And although part of me would always mourn for the summer, autumn ignited a spark in me. There were pumpkins, snow, Halloween and Christmas! So many things to look forward to and it would be fun, despite loving summer aswell.

I decided to go and message Claire, to see what she was up to.

Moon- hey claireeeee what's up, you'll never guess what happened in school today.

Claire- nothing much what happened?

Moon- oh uh, you know what never mind.

After sending that message to her, I suddenly changed my mind, the words from Alewife suddenly returned into my mind, and I thought it would be best not to bring that up again.

I just sat in my bus seat and prayed she wouldn't be too suspicious. And waited patiently to get home.

*

As I entered my house door, I waved goodbye to Ezra and he collected his stuff and made his way home as well, and shook off my umbrella. Placing it at the side of my door.

My clothes were absolutely soaked. Every time I walked forwards j could feel the dampness rubbing against my legs.

"Eurgh" I shivered, and kicked my shoes off roughly.

"I need to take this wet shirt off" I sighed peering down at my damp shirt and punching it with my two fingers.

However as I stood in the doorway, something felt off... The house was utterly silent. I didn't hear a single sound or a single murmur. Just silence.

With straight legs I hobbled over to the kitchen to see where my dad was. I didn't recall him telling me he was heading out during the day, so I assumed maybe he had fallen asleep.

"Dad...?" I cooed as I stepped into the kitchen peering my head around the doorframe in search for him. But it was completely empty.

All of the cutlery was put away, along with the dishes. It was all utterly tidy, which meant he probably left to just go for a walk or something. My dad had never left the house once without the kitchen being in spotless condition, so I knew he probably just decided to go out somewhere.

"I better text him just incase" I assured myself.

"But first I need to get dressed out of these soggy clothes" I said in disgust.

Quickly, I ran up to my room and softly shut the door behind me. I threw my damp clothes into a small pile in the corner of my room, ready to go into the wash. I picked out a pair of my comfiest pyjamas and my fluffiest socks to wear. My once damp cold feet were now comforted by the newly dried warm socks.

"Ahhh this is better" I sighed flopping back onto my bed. I felt all cozy, and with autumn in its full, it felt good to really snuggle up. If only Claire was here to snuggle with me.

"Oh well" I sighed

"I best message my dad"

Moon- hey dad! Just wondering if you're ok, you're not at home so I guess you're out doing something fun. Text back asap I'm worried xx

That should do. And I hit the send button and watched my text load into the screen. Now we wait. Part if me was really anxious, since I'd never known my dad to just go out and leave without telling me where he was going. But he is of course a fully capable adult so there wasn't really any need to be concerned. Yet I still was.

"You know what I need, I need some good me time to get his all off my mind." I beamed proudly

Due to the fact I was constantly busy with Claire and school, I recently hadn't had much time to take care of myself. So I decided it would be fun to give myself some live whilst my dad was out, and I could have the place to myself.

First I grabbed a facemask from my drawer. I squished out some of the smooth mask onto my index finger and smudged it around my face. It kinda looked like I had a beard but oh well, it wasn't like anyone else was there to see me like that.

Whilst I waited for the facemask to dry, I painted my nails a dusty shade of white, I thought it looked pretty and since white goes with pretty much everything, it's not like I could wear a wrong outfit with them.

"Okay time for a shower" I grinned cheesily at myself in the mirror. I looked a bit mad with a now crusty facemask on and half dried nail polish.

I ran down to the bathroom and plugged in my phone so I could jam to some songs whilst I was showering. Scrolling through my playlists I chose some peachpit, because you can't go wrong with them.

I flicked on the shower as the song shampoo bottles began to play. I stepped into the shower and chucked to myself at the irony of the song.

As I turned on the shower I immediately felt the hot steam hut my cook face, and I took in a deep breath of the humid air. And let out an even larger exhale. This is what I had needed for a long time. Some good me time.

As the chorus began I sung along whilst rubbing the facemask off gently

"I’ve been leaving you in radio silence
Though I’d love to catch a pass
Waited long enough that I could never call you
Baby, how fucked is that?"

I hummed the lyrics softly over the sound of the shower. It was peaceful and I finally felt warm and relaxed... I was sure my dad would be okay

*

I layed in my bed, with my damp hair spread across the whole pillow.

"Ugh what time is it... And why don't my dad back yet?!" I said panicked leaning upwards looking around my room in stress.

I read my clock through  the dim light of a candle at the side of my bed.

"1am!?" I squealed in shock.

"Where is he-?" I tapped my sides to look at my phone and pulled it out as fast as I could. Searching up into my dad's contact... There still wasn't an answer...

Perhaps he didn't see my message, I'll give him a call. I thought to myself.

The phone began ringing, and ringing and ringing. The droning tone continued on and on... I lost hope.ih him ever picking up.

"You know what I need to just get some sleep and I'm sure he would be back in the morning" I yawned, falling flat on my back.... And tried to sleep.

.........

This is a filler chapter, the uploads are probably going to be less regular since I have school now but I'll try my best!

Last chapters have been kinda bad it some stuff will actually happen now so get ready.

Thank you for 1k+ reads you're all so amazing <3