twenty

Moons pov
.

.

.

.

My eye bags felt bigger than ever as I peeled open my lids, they clung together from the crying from last night but I managed to force them open. To my right I noticed that Claire was still asleep, she looked exhausted yet peaceful at the same time. Her hair was golden silk, softly glimmering in the morning sun. And even though she was asleep, as usual it framed and fell around her face perfectly.

Since she had been so generous to me last night, I felt obliged to do something for her. And since my dad would be here today (since he said he would only be away two days) I thought it would be best to spend time together before I had to go see him again.

Swiftly, I leaned towards Claire placing a small kiss on her forehead, before quietly creeping out of bed and getting dressed.

Over the time I'd spent with Claire, I thought it would be really fun to go back to the cafe we met at, and although it seems cringey, I thought it would be a super cute date idea. We could go around the town browse shops and take photos, and hopefully all before my dad would get home.

Deciding it would probably be a smart idea to ask my dad when he was going to get home, I pulled out my phone and called him. I was hoping he would answer since last time I had to call my mum... And I don't want to do that again.

"Hey Moon, how are you honey." My dad's voice seemed calm as he picked up my call, which ultimately reassured me that he was safe.

"I'm alright dad, but I was just wondering if you could let me know what time you're going to be back today... Because I might be going out with my girlf-... With my friend" I whispered softly into my phone, in an attempt to make sure Claire stayed asleep. To my surprise my voice sounded slightly sharp and harsh, even in a whisper my tone came off wrong... I coudln't tell if it was just an accident or because I was mad at my dad for going to see my mum, or maybe it was because I was confused and didn't have any answers... But one thing for sure i knew is that I just wanted him to come home now.

"Oh about that Moon...." His voice hissed and he winced into the mic as he inhaled through his teeth.

"I'm going to be with you mother for another week now... I'm sorry but we need to work some things out okay?" My face dropped.... And I could picture his expression through the phone call.

"B-but you said you were coming back today?!" I challenged him, raising my voice louder than I wanted to.

"Moon please, I don't want to do this again just... I'll explain later." He said abruptly, and ended the call before I could get any final words in.

Although my heart felt like it had shattered for the 3rd time this week, I didn't want Claire to know that I was upset.

Yesterday I had watched her try to keep me happy, to please me and I could see how much it took a toll on her. I could almost physically see her social battery draining, like a windup toy coming to a halt.

I didn't want to do that to her again, since I constantly bombarded her with my problems, It felt as though she never had a chance to speak about hers.

Luckily after the palaver, Claire was still asleep and as beautiful as ever so I layed my phone down, knowing that being with her I could forget everything again.

I sat slowly on the end of the bed and gazed at her longingly. I loved the way the shorter pieces of her hair fell around her face so elegantly, and it was always so soft to touch. That's why I loved to play with it so much. How it would lay and spread out, like the branches of a tree against my pillowcases or a river winding its way through my sheets. And her lips were slightly parted as she breathed softly. The lips which I so badly wanted to kiss. Along with her laugh... It made me insanely happy. I couldn't contain myself, it made her so much more attractive and so cute. I didn't know how to control myself around her. Everytime I looked at her I wanted to run into a corner and jump In joy. I didn't understand how she was mine. It shouldn't even be fair on me... Someone so perfect and lovely and kind and just the best girlfriend ever should not be allowed to be mine. It's unbelievable.

"I can't wait to spend the winter with you. And Christmas, Halloween. We have forever... And I wanna spend every second of it with you" I hummed softly to her whilst holding her limp fingers in my hand.

I didn't notice that I had slipped away into daydreams about her until she peeked one eye open slowly. I had shook off my stress and worry in almost an instant. It was like she was my cure or antidote for anything I was going through.

"I heard all of that." She blushed softly.

"Oh... You did?" I asked hoping that she only heard me talking about her and not about my dad in the phone...

"Yeah I did, and I wanna spend it with you too" she leaned up and grabbed me and slammed me down onto the matress next to her. I let a breath out in relief knowing she only heard that bit, but I also felt a bit embarrassed knowing she heard me say that, therefore causing me to go redder than before.

"Hey sure I was thinking, maybe we could go out today and... Maybe even go to the uneeka cafe...?" I asked a little worried she would think it was cringey.

"Oh my god yes I'd love to that would be so cute!" She beamed

"But isn't your dad supposed to be coming home today?" She asked concerned tones in her voice.

"Well... He called me and said he would be away for a week... Which sucks..." I sighed not noticing my body slouch little and voice drop in enthusiasm.

"But! It's okay because that means I get to spend more time with you." I tried to make up for my lack of energy, and flicked Claire softly on the nose with my finger.

"Well I'm glad he told you...hmph i cant believe him" i saw frustration flicker slightly in Claire's eyes but she kept it down and dull for now

I thought she could see right into me, reading me like a book she knew I was a little anxious over talking about this subject. She could see the worry in my eyes. So quickly she switched up the subject.

"But overall, if you're okay and I get to spend more time with you, how can that be a bad thing..." She smirked.

"You know just how to get to me" I giggled whilst blushing.

"Cmon let's get ready then" I suggested.

"If we wanna go out today we should get up."

"Ughhh cant I lay here with you for a bit longer?" Claire protested as I rolled out of bed with a thump.

"No you may not" I laughed like an evil villain and pulled the blinded back dramatically, watching the light floor in rapidly to my room.

Claire winced as if she was a vampire, and pulled one of the pillow she was resting in over her eyes, aggravated by the light.

"Owhhh, in sorry" I played on a baby voice to her.

"I regret that I'll let you sleep" I reshit the curtains and clambered back into bed with her, because how could I deny her...