fifteen

Claire's pov.

.

.

.

I don't think i'd ever liked someone as much as Moon. And although we hadn't been close for very long. It didn't matter to me. I really trusted her and I didn't have to know her for long to feel like I had known her my whole life.

We had spent the last few days together and I understood she needed some good time to rest and have some time to herself so I didn't want to bother her. And she was having a good time hanging out with her best pal holefully. I'm sure she was having a good time.

Despite the urge to message her right away I left her a message or two just so she could read it later. I didn't want to bombard her with hundreds of cute messages and wholesome memes despite the temptation.

I sat on the end of my bed fiddling around with some chords and tunes so I could figure out something new to write.

I plucked away and tried to write some stuff down in a small messy notebook next to me but nothing really felt right. Nothing was flowing as smoothly as usual.

"Pshhh it's probably just writers block" I sighed and pushed the guitar to my side, thinking I'd come back to it later.

I read through the rough lyrics I had scribbled down.... None of it really made sense.

"You know what I'm gonna take a break from all this faffing around" I muttered and decided it would be best tot get something to drink instead.

The house was silent. Since I'm used to having Moon around often, or being out of the house. It felt oddly quiet. Drearily, I watched my cup of water bubble up, seeing it gush over the top.

"Phew I'm really quite exhausted." I muttered to myself. I guessing having our with people so often can really drain your social battery. Taking a sip from the cold fresh water, I took a seat down on my sofa so watch some TV.

It had been a long few days being busy and all. So before I had even realised my eyelids grew heavier and I had dosed off into a sleep.

*

"Claire? I-I have something I need to tell you." Moon squinted into the sun light with her hand shading her eyes.

"Yes Moon... What is it?" I said breathless with anticipation. I stared her deep in the eyes, not wanting to look away even for a moment.

"I- I love you Claire. I really do." She blushed

"I love you too Moon" I slowly moved my face closer to hers as she tilted her head. I could feel her breath on my face her lips were centimetres away from mine. And then....

*Ring ring ring ring*

I jolted my body up in a quick motion, my heart was racing through my chest.

"M-Moon?" I stuttered, quickly examining what was around my glass of water was beneath me and spilled all over my rug, it had l soaked in so it must have dropped out of my hand when I fell asleep. And I was still on my sofa with the TV still playing, and alone too.

"Oh my god. It was a dream." I sighed, and pressed my cold fingertips to my warm rosy cheeks.

To my left on the small coffee stained table was my phone buzzing and vibrating violently on the hard surface. Almost threatening to buzz off of it and onto the floor.

"Shoot, someone's calling me" I suddenly realised and stumbled up from my lounging position to grab the phone. It was perching right on the edge, and with one more buzz it would probably fall off.