twenty four

Claire's pov (maybe a TW for Eds, very mild xx)

.

.

.

.

It was the day that moons dad would return. And over the last 2 days me and Claire hadn't really talked that much. I understood she was probably extremely stressed, so I didn't question her about that.

My heart ached, knowing I coudln't be with her today as I knew she would be super worried. I had no idea why her dad had gone away and neither did she... Who knows what could happen. But no matter what I was ready to either text, call, or go to see her if she needed it.

Claire- Moon please be safe, I care about you. No matter what happens, rememeber that okay?

I remember sending her countless messages from the last few days, but she only responded to a couple. Although that upset me, I knew she was under a lot of stress and pressure and I understood.

All I could do was wait and hope she was okay.

"Please be strong for me" I whispered to my pillow as I placed it to my lips. I layed in bed, lifeless and lost. The day seemed to go in without me. Knowing that as I sat here, Moon could either be hearing greatest news about her life or the worst...

I was irrelevant today and the world could pass me by without a second thought.

In an attempt to distract myself, still staring up at my celling I thought...

"I wonder if Moons started reading that comic she bought..."I mumbled into my duvet. The top half of my head, from my nose up was out of the duvet the rest of me was tucked deep under. I liked the feeling of my own bed, but Moons bed was still my favourite.

The warmth of the duvet was nice, it slightly subsided the consistent sickly feeling that was bubbling in my gut. The feeling which had been here since the start of the day. I couldn't muster any energy to get up and our of bed, if I did I know the anxious feeling would be stronger than ever, since I coudln't shake the thought of moon being in any sort of danger.

"Ahhh" I exhaled, looking at the clock which read 1pm. I had been in bed all day and although I didn't want to leave I knew I had to.

Slowly, I rolled out of bed with much regret. The warmth suddenly left my skin, and the cool air from my room surrounded me instead.

*Gurgle*

My stomach rumbled as I sat on the edge of my bed.

"Oh god I haven't eaten today" I frowned, I hadn't even noticed...

Still in my pyjamas made some oatmeal and sat on a small comfy chair, watching some anime on my TV. I stared down at my bowl of beige bland looking oats. I didn't feel like eating. I used my spoon to like and prod at the unappetising looking meal. I felt so anxious and out of it, that I didn't even want to have my afternoon breakfast... That was unusual for me, I used to love breakfast.

"Ugh why do I feel like not eating." I pursed my lips in confusion. It had been a long time since I had felt like this. I didn't like skipping meals, but my thoughts already filled my stomach and I didn't need to eat. Nevertheless, I forced my food down, since u knew it was best to.

I was watching kakeguri on my TV since one of my online friends had suggested it to me... But I hadn't payed any attention since I was invested in my own worries.

However after a few episodes, I became invested and eventually, I began to forget about my worries temporarily... And I didnt realise it at first... But I had dosed off.

*

My toes were intertwined with Moons, as I saw her grinning face, I coudln't help but smile with her. We were both ignore what was on the TV, we were too busy talking to eachother and messing around.

"Wait can I do your make up?" I suggested out of the blue.

"Huh? Make up?" She asked a little confused.

"I never do make up" she blushed. I knew she found blushing embarrassing but I thought it was adorable.

"Yay!" I grinned and grabbed a pallet of eye shadow next to my bed stand.

She layed next to me, and I rolled on top of her, and began to put some eyeshadow on her eyelids.

"So what kind of look do you want?" I blushed with her

"I don't mind... Go all out" she laughed

"Okay!" I laughed and tapped some blue pigment onto my brush, and began to apply it to her eyes.

"Haha it feels weird" she laughed

"Stop twitching your eyelids when you laugh" I joked to her.

"I'm sorry it's hard to stay still" she giggled out.

After finishing one eye I took a lean back to see what the colour looked like on her. She opened her big hazel eyes that I oh so loved to daze into.

"Wow you look amazing" I smiled innocently.

"Really? I bet you look better though" she blushed.

"Never" I smiled and got back to doing her other eyelid.

"Hey Claire, what colours are you usi-"

*Beep beep*

Startled, I shot up from my collapsed state on my sofa chair. The sudden noise awoke me from my peaceful dream. I felt relaxed and happy, but now the real world came flooding back in, and along with that came my worries.

"Where did that beep sound come from?" I asked. I searched for where the noise which might have woken me.

"Ah my phone" I said in realisation. I was hoping it was a message from Moon, but also I was dreading an answer from her.

As I pulled out my phone, I saw a notification light up my screen. It was from Moon...

My heart raced as I typed in my password, I didn't know what to expect.

Moon- hey Claire, my dad's home I can't talk for long... But not good news and I'll have to tell you in person. I'm so sorry...

That message was so ominous and terrifying at the same time it made me feel even worse. What did it mean? Was she safe? Did I need to come over?

Claire- Moon are you okay? Do you need help? Please tell me you're safe?

Claire- moon please?

Claire- Moon please answer me

I sent her message after message. I was so worried. I didn't know if she was safe or not and that was the worst part. My stomach filled with guilt not knowing what to do. I began to feel horrible...

"What if her mum's taken her? What if her mum is going to hurt her.." I began to panic.... The horrible feeling in my gut increased more. I didn't think it was possible but I began to  feel even worse. It got worse and worse until I felt numb. But I knew she wouldn't answer. I would need to wait until tomorrow to hear an answer from her in person. For now I could just hope and wait.