forty two

claires pov

.

.

.

slowly I stepped inside the hospital room, holding my breath with each step closer to the bed that Moon lay in. But my heart broke as I tried to raise my head to look at her state. I was too anxious as to what I would see.  Instead my head stayed down as if it were being pushed down each time I tried to raise it. 

I blankly stared at the yellow tiles on the hospital floor. The room in general had  sterilized sent to it the stale sent filled my lungs in a oddly satisfying way.

"C-Claire??"  dreary husky voice sounded from the bed. My body cringed, my face crumpled as I heard how much of an awful state she was in.

"yeah" I sighed quietly but loud enough for her to hear, still head down. But she didn't respond.

I glanced up at the nurse as she explained to me and Ezra the situation.

"we have run multiple examinations on her and all the symptoms are pointing towards alcohol poising." As she spoke those few words I saw Ezras body physically repulse as he spat out.

"its... ITS MY FAULT IM SO SORRY IS SHE GOING TO BE OKAY?" my eyes widened as he raised his voice in pure panic.

"sir please calm down" the lady said in a reassuring manner as she walked over to him and sat him down.

"I'm, I'm sorry I should have looked after her better she's my best friend, and I encouraged the bad behavior" Ezra sniffed his trembling voice slowly easing. 

The nurse stood back up calmly looking in my direction and explaining the situation.

"she is very lucky, as she is quite young and apparently doesn't have much experience with drinking, if any, she drank an almost fatal amount. When both of you got into the ambulance with her, she was extremely cold and is very lucky she didn't develop any hypothermia." I nodded anxiously trying to take in all the information she was telling me.

"but she's going to be okay, she will even be able to go home today as long as her condition improves a little and she can stay warm." she smiled softly ensuring me everything is going to be okay.

"thank you so much, we are very thankful for you"

"that's okay" she replied

"we have sent messages to Moons parents so they will be able to pick her up in an hour or so..." the nurse explained.

It felt as though my heart had stopped. Her parents... After this situation there was no way I could let her go home to her parents.

"I'll give you 3 some time alone" as the nurse leaves the room me and Ezra both simultaneously gave each other a terrified look. 

"we can let her go home to her mum, Moons been staying at mine for a while since we left, her mum will go absolutely fucking crazy on her. what do we do??"

"lets ask her" I suggested

I finally looked over at Moon, her face was still dull, her eyes were opening and closing fluttering so slowly, I slowly walked towards her I really didn't want to overstep and boundaries with her. 

"moon?"

"Claire." she replied softly but I couldn't tell whether she was pleased or upset to see me.

"I-I know I'm not the person you really wanna see here right now... I have a lot to explain but we will get to that later. I'm just glad you're okay." I smiled to her softly and she smiled back which eased my thoughts.