twenty seven

Claire's pov
.

.

.

.

"Oh god just let her be okay just let her be safe..." I whispered to myself as I sat on the edge of my bed. My legs bounced up an down, as I tried to get rid of all the tension in my body.

Yesterday had been a wild rolarcoster of emotions, for both me and Moon. I hadn't spoken to her much since she sent me that pretty alarming message.

"What is the worst that could happen?" I asked to myself, flopping my hands around in nervous energy.

I furrowed my brows, then realised that I didn't really want to think about that. But I did know that hopefully most of my questions would be answered today, since I was planning on meeting Moon at mine today.

I decided to get up and get ready, since it was probably best to be prepared before Moon arrived.

Slowly plodding downstairs, I flicked on the hot shower to try and warm myself up. Last night had been cold, and I didn't get much sleep due to my worries. But that wasn't anything different than usual.

As the water began to grow warmer, I undressed myself and took a step in. The hot water scolded my back as I stepped in suddenly, but I was to drained to be botehred to turn it down, and my body grew accustom to the heat.

I could feel my skin grow more relaxed, and for the first time in a few days, which felt like an eternity, I unclenched and let me body relax.

Slowly I slid down the moist wall of the shower until I was sat at the bottom of it. The water splashed over my head as I sat down, but the steam was still comforting and hot, so it wasn't a problem. In silence I sat there, watching beads of water roll down spirals of my hair and onto the shower floor. Just keeping focus onto something could keep me sane in moment where I felt so detached from the world.

I noticed the reflection of my face against the steamy glass in the shower. My under eyes were a purpley black, my posture was terrible and just overall looked like a mess. Sure my hair was wet but that wasn't just it.

"Oh god... I look terrible" I whispered to myself and took a deep inhale of the humid air.

"Maybe if I get dressed I'll look better" I tried to assure myself.

After showering, I by passed the large bathroom mirror, threw my hair up into a towel, and slowly trudged back up my stairs to get dressed.

Since Moon was just coming around to mine, and we weren't going anywhere special, I thought just some jeans and a large shirt would be fine to wear. I was comfortable around her so I didn't need to wear anything super showy.

"Okay this should be good" I said looking down at my outfit and patting the wrinkles out of my shirt.

"Now I just wait" I said, as I went to go distract myself before Moon arrived.

*

*Ding dong*

I was midway through scrolling on Pinterest before I heard that familiar bell ring at my front door. Without hesitation, I threw my phone down on my bed, and launched myself down the stairs. My feet pattered down as fast as I could and began to out the key in the door.

I'm not quite sure why I didn't just unlock the door before she got there, but I guess I didn't think through that far.

The key fit, and the latched turned with a satisfying click, allowing me to pull open the door.

Not to my surprise Moon was standing there. I didn't even get to have a good look at her, not even a glance before I pulled her inside and embraced her in my arms. She felt the same size, she had the same smell as usual, and her hair was smooth just like usual.