thirty two

Moons pov

.

.

.

"shit shit shit..." I whispered as the door began to swing open. I instantly dropped my bag of stuff and signaled for Ezra to do so as well.

"just act natural okay-" I said quietly to him. quickly after that, came a feminine cough from behind the door.

"h-hello?" I said shakily, I couldn't help feeling that way around my mum even though I hated it.

"Moon, why are you SO late home" she sneered, opening the door quickly so it slammed against the back of the wall as she did so. But as soon as she spotted Ezra there with me as well, her face dropped to a more soft looking and calm expression.

"oh, hello there... I didn't expect to see someone else here..."she said glancing around my room. My bags were on the floor, so as she looked around, we both trying to shield them from her view subtly with our bodies. But I knew she was a smart person, I knew she had already caught on. She was so manipulative, she wouldn't show her emotions, especially in front of Ezra,  but i could tell she was fuming.

"Oh Moon..?" she furrowed her eyes, which sent my stomach into a whirlwind of anxiety and overthinking.

"yes mum?" I spoke carefully, I couldn't say anything which might be used against me.

"You're room is such a mess..." she showed no emotion apart from her angular eyebrows which were sharply pointed downwards. I didn't deny the fact it was a mess, spare clothes were strewn across the floor, a plant was knocked over and drawers were left hinging open.

"sorry mum, ill get on to cleaning it now." I agreed and waited for her to leave, but of course she didn't and left us there standing awkwardly.

"you know Moon, it's honestly quite disgraceful letting your friend in here with this tip of a room... What do you have to say about this dump huh?" My mother questioned towards Ezra.

"hm me?" He said

"yes boy"

"It's okay, we all have messy days." He said

"oh but you don't understand, with Moon it's all the time, its disgusting" she said and slammed the door then left.

With the clicking of the door latch, and the loud bang, I let out a relived breath which i had been holding the whole time. Ezra looked at me with wide eyes.

"Moon, get the bags and we have to go.... now... whilst we still have a chance." he said trying to keep calm.

"Okay but what about my dad?" I wondered as I picked up my bag and he grabbed his.

"write him a note or send him a message or something letting him know where you are" he suggested.

"You're right" I grabbed a pencil which was laying on the dirty floor, and tore off a piece of paper I saw from the first notebook I could find. Quickly I scribbled down a rough note messily it read.

Dad, I'm going to be going away for a while, I'm in a safe place so please don't worry. I can't tell you where, but I'll be safer here. I'll miss you do not tell mum. -Moomin <3

I opened the door now for real, we ran down the stairs seeing my mum leave to go to the kitchen it was our chance at escape. I took the note and put it in a place where only my dad would find it. His shoes at the front of the door, inside the ones he uses the most. after safely slipping it in, me and Ezra with massive bin bags carefully opened the doors as silently but as quickly as we could without my mother hearing.