three

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOON!!!" i stood in the door way of my kitchen as I saw Ezra and my dad standing proudly in the kitchen with party hats and balloons in their hands.

"Happy 19th birthday moon!!" Ezra yelled in excitement and ran up to me, engulfing me in a huge hug.

"Rrgh thank you!" I replied breathless as Ezra was squeezing me to tightly. I was still wearing my pyjamas, I didn't expect such a big ordeal for my birthday. But I appreciated it.

"So I know you've been wanting these for a really long time..." My dad began to cryptically say as he began to approach me. I widened my eyes in anticipation.

"So we've decided to take you to that guitar shop and you can pick out one you've really wanted." He said delightedly embracing me.

"Really???!" I yelled in excitement. I'd had this super old guitar that was pretty weathered and barely stayed in tune anymore. I practiced on it but it was hardly any good. Did or this reason I felt ecstatic.

"Of course!!!" Ezra yelled in excitement as he grabbed his wallet and phone and whisked me out the door by my wrist.

"Uh... Bye dad!!! See you soon!" I yelled before being pulled out the door way and into the real world.

*

Me and Ezra made our way to the music store. Luckily it was only about a 20 minute walk away. The back of my shoulder length hair brushed the back of my neck as I took each step, slightly irritating me.

Patting my right pocket to make sure I had my phone on me, I decided to tell Ezra about Clairo.

"Ezra?" I muttered

"Yes birthday girl?" He replied cheerfully elbowing me lightly.

"You know Clairo? That girl I bumped into at the caff?" I asked blowing my hair out of my eyes.

"Uhmm... Yeah?" He said unsurely.

"Well, she messaged me on Instagram, and- wait I'll just show you." We slowed down our pace as I pulled out my phone looking at Clairo's Instagram page.

As he examined the phone screen in his hands I watched his eyes widen in shock as he realised who she was.

"Wait... Clairo... How didn't I realsie?! She makes music and it's genuinely great, I've listened to some of it before." He said calmly.

"YOU WHAT? WHY DIDNT YOU TELL ME?!" I laughed in shock.

"I don't know why I didn't quite make the connection" he laughed awkwardly rubbing the back of his neck.

"Oops" I giggled looking around in the street, I realised loads of people staring at me, I must have gotten a bit to excited and yelled.

"Well yeah, she is famous and I didn't even realise... That makes me even more a dumbass" I joked as we began to pick up the pace again.

"But she messaged you moon?! That means she took the time to go out and find your Instagram and talk to you! Being famous and all probably makes that difficult. You better message her back sometime" Ezra encouraged me as I blushed a little. I didn't even think of that, maybe he was right I would go back and message her.

*

Sooner than later, we arrived at the guitar store. It was small and very rustic looking. The door was made of glass so I pushed it open and examined the interior of the small store. Where ever you looked there were, guitars, ukuleles, pianos, drums Everything you could think of.

"Woah..." I breathed in awe looking at all of the beautifully crafted instruments.

"This place is epic" Ezra agreed with me as we didn't know where too look first.

"Cmon let's go over to the back it looks like the guitars are back there" I pointed to the back of the store past the paying desk.

We weaved our way around keyboards and drum kits and made out way to the back of the room.

There were rows of guitars hung up in all different styles and brands. Some were on the ground too, perched on stands. I examined each one but on my left a cute acoustic one caught my eye. It had a black pick guard and an ombre black to orange faded style.

"I really like this one." I pointed with my finger towards it.

"Go on then, pick it up and have a play" Ezra suggested. The store was almost dead silent as not many other people were in it so I was pretty self aware but I decided to anyways.

Pulling it off the wall it was hanging on, I rested it in my lap and got comfortable. I struck a few chords. It was steel stringed so it sounded a little different than my nylon one back at home. But in a good way.

It was clean and tangy in a great way. I loved the sound of it so I was pretty hooked.

"Yeah I think I'm gonna ge-" I cut myself off and covered my mouth with my hand.

"What is it??" Ezra asked looking behind him to where I was looking.

Stood a little behind him was a girl with long wavy hair looking at the guitars aswell. She had a nose ring and jeans and a hoodie on. I knew it was Clairo at that moment and a little part of me began to freak out.

"What's wrong who is that??" Ezra whispered loudly .

"It's Clairo but she hasn't seen us yet luckily..." I replied whispering frantically not knowing what to do.

"Go talk to her!!" He began to raise his voice.

"SHHHH she cant hear me freaking out that would be so embarrassing" I grabbed the collar of his shirt and placed my finger across his lips. I could slap this boy sometimes.

"Fine I'll do it for you." He said pushed me away and approaching Clairo. I mentally slapped myself in the face because I'm not the most outgoing person but Ezra clearly was.

He tapped her shoulder lightly and I quickly glanced away and pretended to fiddle with the guitar, attempting to act natural and calm.

"Hey so my friend Moon over there wanted to say hi but-" and that's all I could hear as they were speaking quietly and they were sort of far away.

I cringed harshly Ezra really did me dirty here. I glanced up a little quickly and watched them begin to both slowly approach me. I stood up and made an attempt to talk to her.

"Oh hey Moon, I saw you in the cafe the other day right?" Clairo spoke softly and calmly.

"Yeah, that's right." I smiled at her softly panicking a little.

"Ooh nice guitar I have gat brand it's really good." She grinned looking down at it.

"Thanks it's my first proper gutar, I can't really play that well yet." I downplayed myself

"Oh that's such a lie! You're great!!" Ezra butted in.

"Hah... Thank you Ez." I laughed.

"Well maybe sometime I don't know.... We could jam together?" Clairo asked nervously.

I was so confused. She didn't just ask me to hang out with her sometime did she?!

"Y- yeah! I-i'd love too" I stuttered out anxiously. I glanced over to Ezra who had a stunned expression on his face with his mouth completely agape.

"Ok great, could I get your number for that then?" She asked which made me even more stunned.

"Mhm" I said and nodded my head as I typed my number into her phone.

"Well, see you around moon" she said waving goodbye as we went to pay for my guitar.