twenty five

Moons pov TW (arguments)

.

.

.

Anxiously I waited. I couldn't believe all of this happened in the last few days. And it had already been a week since my dad had left. But all I knew, is that I was greatfull to have my dad retuning.

I didn't know what to expect. I didn't know weather to be mad at him or happy he would be back soon... But id have to wait and see until he decided to come home.

I didn't have the strength to look at my phone, I was too stressed and needed to distract myself. From time to time it would buzz with message from Claire, but part of me thought, that if I didn't see the notification, it wasn't there.

I was trying to keep myself occupied, I lit some candles which made my room smell like cinnamon. I always had candles during the autuminal months it made me very happy. I also played some music which me and Claire would listen to, it had become comforting because although she wasn't here, it kinda of felt like she was.

"I wish I could just chill out a bit"

I sighed pressing my face up against the small window in my bedroom. Girl In red played softly in the background, blocking out any silence. My breath fogged up the wet window which had blobs of condensation running down it.

"What the use" I laughed to myself, I'd always been one to stress a lot, and I never changed.

I sat down on a small chair which was positioned in the corner of my room and thought to myself... "I wonder what Claire's doing right now, I hope she's okay" I'm sure she was, but all the worries can take over sometimes.

I began to mutter softly to myself in preparation of what I would say when my dad arrived. I quickly jumped up from the seat I was in and began pacing up and down the space in my bedroom.

"DAD! WHY DID YOU LEAVE?!" I yelled aggressively (for me). Practicing my lines in different tones.

"Dad! You're back!" I mouthed out more joyously...

"Hey! I'm glad your back...." No none of these sounded right, I didn't know whether to be angry, sad , confused, shocked.... I was a big bundle of all of them and more inside one human, and as you would expect it was overwhelming.

My socks slipped against my oddly slippy carpet floor as I placed up and down relentlessly.

"Gotta think of something gotta think of something" I repeated in a hushed yet distressed voice.

"What to do what to-..."

My heart sank. A knock from the front door had stopped me in my tracks. Two great thumps on the large door had made my day dreams come back to the ground. I stopped pacing, and froze, stood still in my bedroom floor.

"Oh that must be dad..." I said chirpily to myself as I falsely tried to keep calm. My heart was thumping, each beat of it made my loose shirt shake slightly. And each pump sent more adrenaline around my body.

"Moon?!!!" I heard my father's voice shout from the outside of the door, followed by a series of aggressive door knocks...

"Oh he really is home!" I said peering my head around my bedroom door. My legs began to lead ms down the stairs, I didn't know what I was going to say or what he was going to for a fact.

I almost tripped a few times walking down the stairs, I couldn't stay focused on one particular subject. My hand slid smoothly down the hand rail as I grew closer to the door.

"Moon I know you're in there..." My father shouted loudly. I could hear his feel voice almost clearly though the wooden door. It was likely because I was almost up next to it. Before I knew it I was off the stairs and my shaking hand was resting on the door key.