twelve

Clairo's pov

.

.

.

"Ah shoot!" I yelled. I spilt my ice tea all over my lap. It was a shame aswell, I spent a lot of time making it taste that good. I was lounging around not doing much, mostly just watching television and drinking ice tea... Or I was before I ruined it.

Quickly I rushed to the kitchen to grab some towels so clean up my mess before it made my coffee table sticky aswell as my clothes. I proabbly just got a little distracted and forgot to actually open my mouth when drinking.

"Why do I always do this" I chuckled as I bent down to wipe the tea off of the wooden floors. Then all of a sudden I heard a faint ringing.

"Ah shoot my phone..." I quickly stood up and threw the ragged towel straight into the washing bin.

"Wait where is it?" I frantically whipped my head around looking for it. I heard the buzzing from upstairs. My feet quickly skipped up the staircase as I finally reached the top.

My phone was vibrating furiously on the small table at the bottom of my bed.

I bounced across it flopping belly first onto my soft matress and grabbing my phone just in time before it rang out. I flipped it over to see Moon was calling me. My heart stopped for a second as I cleared my throat.

I placed my finger on the green accept button.

"Moon?" I asked wondering why she was calling me. A pit grew in my stomach... But in a good way!! I loved talking to her and I loved being around her.

"Oh hey Claire what's up?" She asked. Her voice cracked a little, she seemed a bit nervous. Which was unlike her to be like that around me.

"Not much, I'm currently laying on my bed staring at the ceiling." I giggled.

"Wow sounds exciting" she joked, making me smile.

"Why? And where are you right now aren't you in class?" I asked glancing at my clock.

"Oh uh just wondering hah. Yeah I just left"

"Right... So what did you call for?"

There was a second of silence as if she was considering saying something or not.

"Why wouldn't I want to call you?" I blushed at her answer.

"Damn smooth Moon" I laughed smiling too much.

"Well you wanna come around anyways?" I asked nibbling at my lip in anticipation.

"Yeah uh sure!!" Despite the doubt in her voice I was still thrilled to hear she could make it.

"Ok see you soon, love y-" I cut myself off. It was probably too early to say something like that, I didn't want to make anything awkward.

"Uh love to make you some food for when you arrive-" I choked out cringing in embarrassment.

"Ok sounds great surprise me" she giggled. And then hung up.

"Phew..." I sighed. I almost messed then. But I guess I had to prepare some food now which wasn't exactly brilliant but it had to be done. I wasn't even a good cook either. I decided to make some brownies, because who doesn't like brownies?

*

"Hellooo??? Claire you home??" I heard a small voice tell from the door way.

"Moon? Is that you? Come in. One second I'm just finishing the brownies!" I coughed out as I opened the oven. The heat and steam wafted right into my face almost blasting my nose off. However it did smell great which meant it probably tasted good too.

"Clairo what are you doing- do you need help??" She laughed as she watched my struggle with the brownies. I used some oven gloves to pull them out and placed them on the table with a metal covering to ensure I didn't burn the surface. Since my hands were full I closed the over door with my knee, I must have looked like a complete fool.

"Oooh they smell great!!!" Moon said pulling a chair out and making herself comfy.

"Yeah don't they?" I replied, wafting the air into my nose and taking a deep breath.

"I love brownies so this is great" Moon grinned looking at the steaming hot treats.

"Yeah me too, but we should probably wait for them to cool before we eat them." I suggested

"Yeah good idea..."

We headed upstairs to hang out. Moon sat on the corner of my bed then suddenly flopped down onto it. I decided to join her. We both layed looking at my ceiling, out backs flat on the duvet and my limbs flailed out.

"Oh. So not a good day at school then huh." I laughed as I could tell by the way she was acting that she couldn't be in the best mood.

"Yeah, pretty bad day." She scoffed, but not moving at all.

"You wanna talk about it?" I suggested offering her some advice.

"No it's ok, honestly it's nothing you can do. I came here so I didn't have to think about all that stuff." She explained.

"Of course, but you seem... How do I say this, worried?? Is there anything at all you need to tell me? But I won't force you." I asked. I would hate for her to bottle up her thoughts I knew how bad that could get.

"I guess there is something I wanted to ask..." She said.

"Go on"

"Ok so I'm sorry about this before hand I don't want this to be too awkward buts it's bound to be." She said

"Oh right?" I replied a little confused.

"So about last night-" she began.

Oh last night. I thought.

"I wanted to ask, well, wh-what are we?"

We both continued to glare at my plain ceiling, as I thought up what to say.

"We can be whatever you want to be." I said and leaned closer to her scooting my head closer to hers until out hair was intertwined and our heads were touching.

"What do you want to be?" I asked a little nervous, letting the question linger in the air. My palms began to sweat a little in anticipation. Obviously I wanted to be more. I wanted her to be mine. But although she seemed like she wanted to last night, she might have changed her mind. And I was anxious about the answer.

"I want...to be more" she laughed she sounded embarrassed.

"Moon." I sat up so I could get a better look at her. She was red once again.

"Yeah, I'm sorry it's ok if you don't want that, I just don't want to ruin anything between us." She blurted out looking a little disappointed.

"Moon don't be silly. I really like you. Really. I want to be your girlfriend." I suddenly spilled my feelings. She also sat up so she could look at me.

"Really??! Oh that's great. I want you to be mine-" she giggled still embarrassed as this situation was a bit awkward.

"So uh..." I couldn't think of what to say so I waited for her.

"So are we like... Official then? God I hate saying that I'm sorry this is so awkward" she apologized with sincerity in her voice.

"Moon it's fine," I laughed suppressing a grin.

"To put it simply...yeah" I remarked smartly, but cut myself off by crashing my lips into hers. Resulting in the both of us falling on our sides on the mattress. I pulled her in for a huge embrace almost instantly. Her heart was racing I could feel it beat what felt like 100 times a second against my chest. She smelt like lemons and clean laundry.

Then we pulled away from the hug and pushed up from the bed.

"I'm glad" she giggled tucking her dark hair behind her ear and smiling at me.

............

Sorry about the chapters being short recently!!! I'm trying to put more out but I am very busy :(

Ily all thank you so much for all the reads and votes it means SO MUCH <3