five

Moons pov
.
.
.

I placed my books down on my desk which was covered in dried glue and paint, and I slowly slid myself into my chair as everyone got settled for the lesson to begin.

Photography class was actually fun unlike most subjects, I enjoyed the creativeness to it.

My teacher was pretty young but she had the worst attitude. She made the lessons far worse than they should have been. Today she was wearing a small pinafore and had her blonde hair up in a tight bun.

"So everyone I hope you were able to write about the photographer of your choice." As I heard those words from my teacher and my heart dropped. I completely forgot to finish that assignment, I just went to hang out with Clairo instead. I began to panic and I cringed as I glanced around me watching everyone pull out their work. Whereas I just sat there silently.

Quickly, I tried to think up an excuse.

I forgot it? I was busy?... No...

None of my excuses sounded legitimate so I guess id just have to face the consequences, after all it was my own fault I suppose.

I watched my teacher approach me with a confused stern look on her face.

"Well what do we have here?" She said in her usual whiny toned voice. I rolled my eyes in disgust.

"Yeah miss about the work i-" I began before she rudely cut me off.

"No no no. I don't want to hear any of your excuses. You haven't done the work and that's that." She spoke demandingly. I'm sure everyone in the whole class could hear. I went red with embarrassment.

"Yeah well that's what I was gonna say..." I returned timidly, fiddling with the seams of my jumper under the table.

"Moon..." She sighed pressing her fingers against the bridge of her nose.

"I didn't expect this from you. You're such a good student I'm very dissapointed. I have no choice but to give you an after class detention." She demanded propping her glasses higher onto her nose.

"I understand miss" I sighed dissapointedly.

"Good" she replied strutting back off to her desk.

How come the worst luck always happens to me. I'd just have to get through this lesson then I could text Clairo to see if she wanted to meet.

I rested my head on my propped up hand and took in a deep breath.

"Oh man that's unlucky moon." I heard Ezra whisper from behind me.

"Tell me about it. I swear she yells it so that everyone on this planet can hear" I shivered embarrassed.

Just need to get through this lesson then we can relax. I repeated to myself in my mind trying to keep myself sane.

*
"Ok Moon, I hope you've learned your lesson. I'll give you one more week if not I'll have you fail my class." My teacher towered over me as I sat lonely in the class room listening to her lecture.

"Of course miss" I said timidly, refusing to make eye contact.

"Thank you Moon. Now be on your way." She scoffed and wandered back to her desk.

Flustered, I gathered my bags and books and threw them on my back. Quickly, I walked out of class shutting the door as I went.

"Phew oh my god that was. Terrible." I sighed as I pulled the door handle shut.

"You alright?" Ezra asked me clutching his books to his chest.

"Oh you waited for me after class? Thank you" I breathed exhaustedly.