twenty six

Moons pov (trigger warning)
.

.

.

.

"Mum..." I whispered to myself. My eyebrows furrowed deeply, with my mouth agape I gasped in confusion. I must be dreaming... How could I not be dreaming?! I screamed in my head.

"Moon!!!" My mother shouted in...glee?

She quickly trotted over to me like an excited dog, and wrapped her skinny arms around my body. Her smile looked forced and the way the edges of her lips curved upwards, looked so pained.

I stood next to her as she embraced me, her short stature meant she leaned up on her tiptoes to hug me. I felt me chest against hers she was far too close for my liking.

Out of instinct my hands balled, but I kept them close to my chest, not returning the gesture. I could feel myself physically coil away from her, just like all the years before...

"Why Moon... My little girl is all grown up!" She grinned as she pulled away from the hug, looking into my eyes as both her hands rested on my shoulders.

(Trigger warning for violence... Small xx)

I said nothing. But looked sternly into her eyes with no expression at all.

"Why uh... Yes she has grown a lot" my dad butted in pushing my mum away from me a tiny bit, so her arms were off me now.

I glanced from my mum, to my dad and back to my mum again. Inside I wanted to just slap the living hell out of her, followed by screaming into her face. But no. I stood there in silence.

"Come on Moon... That's no way to act around your mother" my dad said smug.

I blinked in disbelief at my own father.

"No way to act to my mother... After she left. After everything she did to me. NO. WHY SHOULD I, SHES NEVER DONE ANYTHING FOR ME!" I started to yell at my dad and mum, before I knew it hot years were streaming down my face.

I looked at my mum. Her jet black hair covered her eyes slightly, but I could see the satisfaction in her expression....

"Is this what you want from me mum? You want to see me angry at you... You think it's just sooo funny don't you." I said more calmly after taking a few deep breaths. I couldn't bare to look at her sickening face, so I just stared to the left of her slightly.

"Moon... This isn't what i wanted at all. I know it must be hard for you to forgive me after everything that happened... But I promise I'm going to try to be a better mum from now on... The mum you always deserved and I never was...I'm so sorry" she spoke oddly softly despite her usually croaky voice.

Something about this felt very wrong... She was being. Nice. She was never nice. In the past she would constantly pick me apart piece by piece like a jig saw puzzle. I could never do anything right, I was always wrong and everything was always my fault. She was a bully. My own mother was my bully, one I could never escape from. The very person who was supposed to care for me, was the one I lived in fear of on the daily.

The best thing that every happened to me, was knowing id never have to see her again. But I guess I was wrong and for some insane reason she was standing in my doorway with my and my dad... Being her so called 'nice'

"You know I'm just going to let you two have a talk... I'll give you some space..." My dad shrugged, raising both his hands in surrender and slowly shuffling away from us, retreating to his room like a coward.

*

My mum sat herself down next to me, but on the otherside of the sofa in my living room. She grabbed the remote and mindlessly flickered between cringey television shows.

I sat, turned away from her. My arms crossed and a stern expression plastered on my face.

"So what do you like to watch?..." She muttered. I imagine she was rolling her eyes, but I could not see her.

"I don't watch TV" I responded in sentences as short as possible, I saw no point in waisting my energy on her.

"Come on that's not true..." She proclaimed. But I said nothing as the TV switched  between channels.

(Tw)

Suddenly I heard her rise from the sofa. Not calmly however, in a sudden jolt shaking the remote she placed on the coffee table slightly.

The slammed her foot into the wooden floor in frustration. Making me jump out of my skin, as the memories of her came flooding back. My heart increased in place withing a few seconds.

heavily footed she walked over to me, not looking at my face at all. Forcefully, grilling my forearm she dragged my up off the sofa and pressed my cheek up against the nearest wall.

"LET ME GO... WHAT ARE YOY DOING CRAZY LADY?!" I screamed in repulse. You'd think with her being shorter than me, I'd be able to push her away easily. But I felt so shocked and she was far stronger than she looked.

She pinned my up facing the wall, my left cheek pushed so closely and under so much pressure I could feel my teeth engraving marks into my cheek. The back of her hand was against my head, constantly pushing me. And her other hand pulling my forearm down to the floor.

"WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU" I yelled as loud as I could.

"HUSH YOU." She said sternly.

"Now this is going to be a lot harder since you're so much bigger now..." I could feel her smirk. It felt like it left an imprinted mark in the back of my head.

"NO, GET OFF ME ARGH!" I lashed out,  throwing my limbs out in any direction, in hope I could escape her tight grasps.

Then I froze still. I felt a hot hand smash against my already crushed face. I felt it swell and grow in redness... It stung like a shadow of her hand left on my face.

Slowly she leaned in to my ear, I breathed heavily.

"You're going to have to show my some respect around here or we are going to have... Some problems..." She whispered into my ear so much that I could feel her breath on my cheek.

She then pushed away and went to go see my dad. Leaving me speechless on my own to sit on the sofa.

I coudln't quite process what just happened. It all felt like some confusing dream that happened all to fast.

I slouched on the sofa, raising my hand to my face, i terraced the tender red area where my mum's hand collided with my cheek.

"Aaahhh..." I inhaled sharply though my teeth, as I still stung and my skin felt like it was buzzing.

"I hate that bitch..." I whispered to myself. She hadn't changed one bit. I needed to leave. As soon as possible.

"Oh god... My phone" I remembered. Claire had gone so long without a message from me she must have become paranoid.

I sent her a small message briefly and as quickly as possible so that my mum coudln't come down and see me on my phone. I didn't want to give her another excuse to get angry at me.

Moon- hey Claire, my dad's home I can't talk for long... But not good news and I'll have to tell you in person. I'm so sorry...

.......

Hey guys sorry for the lack of updates school is very stressful but I'll try to write some more at school now ;))