four

Clairo's pov

.

.

.

"Every second counts I don't wanna talk to you anymore... All these little games you can call me by the name I gave you. Yesterday." I sang into the microphone, gently I stunned the guitar in my hand as I glanced out onto the crowd of people singing below at my feet.

Performing was one of my favourite things to do, my fans were the sweetest and always made shows such an enjoyable experience.

Their voices as they sung along to my music made me feel so empowered, the songs which I had written in my bedroom, alone was heard by so many people. It baffled me.

It had been around a week since I last spoke to Moon, I had messaged her once talking about something... But never a proper conversation. Part of me wanted to meet up and have a proper talk with her, she seemed sweet.

"Can you see me in waiting for the right time? I can't read you but if you want the pleasures all mine" I continued to sing softly, trying to make sure I didn't crack my voice.

As I continued to strum in the corner of my eye I noticed a short girl with short black hair peeking out of the dark crowd. She was slightly near the stage but she also looked a little nervous strangely?

She was wearing a pair of baggy blue dungarees with a beanie and a white shirt. It was Moon. I coudln't see her friend with her either, she must have been alone.

She came to my show? Holy cow that's nice of her. Maybe she knew me before we met, or maybe she found out about me via the encounters. Who knows. But I wanted to get this show over with ski could talk to her. Hopefully she would wait after so I could see her.

*

"Thank you all for coming I love you all so much" I giggled into the mic hearing chatter and cheers from the crowd.
"Bye y'all" I spoke then made my way off the stage.

"Uhh wow I'm tired" I sighed flopping onto the couch in the backstage room. I felt my limbs relax as I closed my eyes letting the cushions fully engulf my head. I let out my stress and thoughts in one big sigh and I could feel my eyes ready get heavy.

"Oh shoot, wait I need to catch Moon-" I suddenly remembered bouncing off of the sofa and lightly jogging to catch her outside.

Exiting the venue, I glanced up and down the dimly lit road. The sun was still up...but barely, it illuminated the sky in beautiful shades, making the clouds look pink.

"Oh she must not be here" I sighed a little let down as I looked around the road. Just as I was about to head to my car and make my way home, I saw her there, standing in the middle of the pavement looking around a little confused.

"Oh M-Moon!!" I yelled reaching my arm out and crossing to the other side of the road where she was perching on a small wall.

"Oh hey Clairo!" She said happily as she twiddled her thumbs together anxiously.

"I saw you at the show, I didn't expect to see you here" I laughed scratching at my neck lightly.

"Yeah, well I thought it would be nice to meet up properly, although that's sort of difficult when you're performing." She scoffed at her idea.

"No no that's great, it was a pleasant surprise." I smiled reassuring her.

"You know what why don't we... Go and get some food together, instead of standing around here in the cold... I'll pay?" I asked a little anxious as to how she would respond.