sixteen

Moons pov
.

.

.

"Oh my god!!!!!" I squealed, as I bounced up and down on my creaking bed in joy. Ezra was sat on my chair next to my desk with a confused yet amused look on his face.

"What are you in such a good mood for?" He laughed

"You'll never guess what!" I giggled as I ran up to him and grasped his shoulders in my hands.

"What now" he rolled his eyes with a smirk.

"She said she...." I yelled

"Loved me" I whispered quietly.

"Uh, is that it?" He faced suggested he was skittle confused.

"Is that it. What are you talking about that's bug deal to me!" I said grumpily and sat down in a mini strop on my bed crossing my arms.

"Well, I just thought when people are saying it's considered normal to say I love you...?" He asked.

"Well... Maybe to some people but she's my first proper girlfriend so.... It a big deal to me" I pouted my lip.

"Okay, in just glad you're happy Moon" he smiled

"Good. Because I'm very happy." I grinned.

"Okay now come on, we need to get to class" Ezra put his hands into his baggy trousers and roles his eyes and laughed a little.

"Oh shoot class! Okay quick let's go" I agreed and I slipped on my shoes and we headed off.

*

Classes were busy and hustling as the usual. Art class was quiet though. Had my canvas layed out Infront of me, and I had my paint brushes and watercolours layed out neatly around me. I wasn't sure what to draw. So I decided to just let my ideas come as I went along.

I grabbed my sharp pencil and my earphones and played some of Claire's songs since I never listened to them that often. I began to let's my ideas spill out onto the page, and I began to sketch out the faint outline of cat.

I had the idea to do a portrait of a child holding a kitten, since the task this month was to do a big peice incorporating animals. The boy next to me had also started sketching, I didn't know his name but he has light brown curly hair and a poloshirt on.

As I continued to sketch, I heard a soft droning piano begin to come in. Although I never listened to Clairo that often (since I thought it would be a bit weird because we are dating) I did know her music was usually lofi and included a lot of acoustic guitars.

'hm this is a bit more different than usual.' I thought to myself, yet the song continued and I heard the echoing drums and the familiar sound of that acoustic guitar begin. I was really enjoying the song actually, and it had a nice distant, spacey feeling to it. I was getting into the flow of things whilst listening to it, and sketching out my plan. The scratching sound of my pencil was drowned out by the music.

"But you know you saved me from doing something to myself that night"

Her beautiful smooth voice sang the words to effortlessly. Yet when I heard those few words my heart sank.

"No..." I whispered. That can't mean what I think it means? I thought to myself.

Why would she even think about stuff like that, my heart suddenly started hurting, even the thought of losing her made me tear up. I can't imagine living in a world without her now she's in mine. It was so beautiful yet heartbreaking. I was just relieved she was still here.