fourteen

Moons pov (slight tw for mental abuse x nothing major I'll put a small warning where it starts and ends)

.

.

.

The door to my small apartment swung open, after saying my goodbyes to Claire, me and Ezra decided to go back to mine to catch up on everything.

The door swung open with ease and I called over to my dad to let him know we were home.

"Dad I'm home!! And I brought Ezra with me!"

"Okay you too have fun!" He called back from his usual spot in the kitchen.

Both of us casually flipped out shoes off and headed upstairs to my bedroom.

"It feels like so much has changed since I was last here..." Ezra said looking around my room.

"Yeah, but this room is one of the few things that haven't changed in my life the past few weeks" I admitted and took a seat on my white swivel chair next to my messy desk.

"You're right, it looks the same" he sighed taking a seat on the edge of my bed.

"Yeah and I've made so many cool memories in here now" I grinned innocently. However my content expression changed to a confused one in a matter of seconds, since Ezra didn't answer me and gave me a suggestive glance. Raising his left eyebrow.... It took me a second to process what I had just said.

"NO!!! oh my god Ezra!!! Not like that!" I squealed, pushing his shoulder lightly as he laughed hysterically.

"Oh god... I'm sorry but that was too funny hahah" he blurted, but I sat there trying my best to act serious and suppress a grin.

"Cmon what for the unamused expression for... You know that was funny" he teased me.

"Okay maybe it was a little funny, but don't go there again" I rolled my eyes whilst laughing a little.

For a while we just relaxed and talked about stuff, school, the incident with May, Clairo and me ect... And it was like old times. It was really nice to hang out with him just us two at my place again. Since I'd met Claire, I guess I had been denying time with him, and he has been my bestie for so many years, I realised how much I'd missed him. I'd missed him, the gossip, the talks, and just being around eachother felt like good old classic times once again.

"Hey Ezra" I sighed thinking that I should probably tell him what I thought.

"Yeah Moon what's the dull tone for?" He asked whilst fiddling with a plant leaf at the foot of my bed.

"Well, I just wanted to say I'm sorry. I haven't really been spending as much time as I used to with you ever since I met Claire. And of course I still really like her, I also like you a lot too and I don't wanna ruin our friendship by driving too much..." I explained as honestly as I could, without sounding too harsh.

"Moon... Don't be silly!! You have a girlfriend!! You're obviously going to end up spending a lot of time with her, and it's completely fine that you want to do that I understand." He began speaking softly, which sent a wave of relief over me.

"Were good friends Moon and we always have been, just because lure spending some time with someone else didn't mean that we won't either" he smiled purely.

"I'm so glad you think that way, I was worried you thought I was ignoring you or something..." I muttered however I felt way less guilty now, as though a weight had been lifted off my chest. He just smiled purely reassuring me once again that we were great friends. Now I realised nothing could come in the way of that.