Part 110

CARL'S P.O.V

The group introduced me to the newbies. Jorge and Jestin. I hope they fit in well.

It was time to eat some dinner. My dad reached into our supplies, picking up nothing, but air.

"Nothing left..." He said, slapping his hands against his thighs in defeat. The sun was already falling behind the mountains, disappearing from existence for the night.

"Guess we're gonna have to eat each other!" Rose said.

Everyone laughed as she looked around in confusion. She, gradually, started fake laughing to fit in.

"Let's just forget about food for tonight..." Daryl added.

Everyone headed to their cells, getting ready to go to sleep.

ROSE'S P.O.V

I sat on my bed as Jestin walked in to the cell, too.

"Hey!" I said with a smile.

"Hi..." He replied, nervously.

"Sit, sit!" I motioned him beside me.

He quickly sat down, staring at the ground.

"Time to tell each other secrets!" I exclaimed, trying to ruin the awkward silence.

"What's yours?" He asked, quietly.

"Wweeeellll...I used to stalk people and then I got banished for it! I also had a stick named Della! What about you?" I said with a smile.

"I...I..." He glanced down towards his arm, then said,"I'm tired, I have to go..." Then, he vanished from the room.