Part 96

CARL'S P.O.V
The scream frightened me. Rose was sitting up in terror. I looked over at Elizabeth who was covered in walkers. She screamed and shrieked. I dashed over to her, quickly, but only to see the walkers biting chunks out of her shoulders, stomach, arms, and legs. I shot them down with my pistol till only her weak, bloody body lay before me.

"Elizabeth..." I whispered with a sob.

She looked up at me with tears in her eyes.

"C-carl...I'm sorry I was never there for you..."

"No...no...don't say that..."

"Yeah..." She coughed up blood,"I-I wasn't...even though I really loved you..."

"You l-loved me?"

She nodded her head as tears streamed down he sides of her cheeks.

"Well...It's okay...I did it all, Carl Grimes...it's your turn..." She said as her eyes drifted towards the sky with a smile. Then, she took one deep breath in, but no more came out.

"No.....no, please..." I said, hovering over her.

I looked back at Rose who was still in pure shock. It was terrifying for me to see her with that kind of feeling.

"You gotta shoot her..." She whispered.

"I can't..."

She got up from her resting area and ripped the gun out of my hand, and in one second, a bullet hit the ground. The sound booming through the air.