Part 129

*ROSE IS DISPLAYED*

PAIGE'S P.O.V
We all stood in silence. I looked around, something bright catching my eye.

Flashlights beaming towards the sky. Illuminating the clouds, eerily.

"Look...someone's over there..." I pointed towards it. It was quite far, though.

"I don't know if we should go. They may be dang-" Rick started, but I stopped him.

"But, it could be them."

Rick sighed, looking back at Maggie. He nodded, and started forward. I didn't want to wait, so I sprinted. Ran faster, harder than ever. (Well, as fast as I could go on one leg and crutches)

As the producer of the lights became closer, my vision became clearer.

It was almost 10 people shining their lights towards the sky.

Then, one flashlight left the sky and was shining in my face. Not a bright beam because it was distant, but good enough to burn after staring towards it for a bit.

You could hear the chatting coming from the group, then I saw someone pushing their way through the crowd. This person ran towards me. It was too dark to make out anything about them. They just sprinted at me. Once they were very close, I blocked my face with my arms, afraid they were gonna hurt me. Instead they engulfed me into a hug. It caught me off guard, so I toppled over, the person huddled over me.

But, I could now see who it was.

"Dad!" I hugged him back, holding him close, sobbing on his shoulder.

He helped me up, still in a hug. I could see the rest of the group heading towards us. Both ways. The group of ten. Rick and Maggie, opposite.

MAGGIE'S P.O.V

I sprinted towards them. Passing up Rick, Paige, Daryl. I shoved the rest of the group out of the way. Searching for the blonde hair. Searching for her. Beth.

"Beth?" I asked, scanning everyone's face.

I looked over at Rose. She just shook her head.