Part 93

CARL'S P.O.V

Was this the last time I would ever be able to hold Paige? Was this the last time I would ever be able to see my family?

My own dad was holding my arms, getting ready to banish me!

Beth opened the door as I pleaded for forgiveness to Paige. She was the only one in my mind.

"PAIGE! PAIGE, PLEASE! I'LL CHANGE! I'LL BE DIFFERENT! I RPOMISE! I'M SORRY!" I sobbed. I looked up towards the staircase where she was resting her head in her hand, leaning against the wall.

I looked over at Rose who had a stone's emotion on her face. Nothingness. She glanced over at me, and smiled.

The lead us through the door, heading down the hard cement.

"H-how long are we gonna be out here...?" I asked as my tears began to dry.

"As long as needed..." My dad said with a small crack in his voice.

I looked at the grass we were being forced towards, knowing that is what I have to live on. Beth pushed open the gates as we walked past the metal fortress.

Daryl handed Rose an axe and told her,"Name him whatever you want..." She hugged him, tightly, saying her last goodbyes.

My dad handed me a pistol and some extra ammo. I said nothing to him. I just turned ,y back and walked towards the woods with Rose. Then, someone yelled from across the courtyard.

"Wait!"

We all turned around to see Elizabeth with a silencer gun in her hand.

"I'm going with them..."