Part 16

CARL'S P.O.V
I turned around, and spotted a boy with blond hair, blue eyes, and he was tall. He was walking up behind us. He looked perfectly normal. "Hey!" He yelled. "Who are you?" I asked, bravely. "Please, can I join you?" He asked, not answering my question. "I asked, who are you?" He stopped in his tracks. "I-I'm Aaron..." He muttered. I examined him, being cautious for Paige's safety. "You can come, but stay beside me." I ordered. He jogged up beside me, and smiled. "Thank you...Who is that?" He gestured towards Paige. "That's Paige...My gi-" He interrupted me. "What happened to her?" He pointed at her missing leg. "S-she was born that way...without a leg, not fully grown, Ya know..." Aaron nodded suspiciously. "Yeah..."

Paige looked up at me confused. I looked down at her with a wink. She mouthed,"Liar..." With a smile. "What about her side?..." Aaron asked. "Does it really matter? It's none of your business..." I stated. He nodded with a sigh. "Where's your group?" I asked him. "Does it really matter?" He said, mockingly. I glared at him and yelled,"Better watch your mouth or when we run into walkers, I'll feed you to them." Aaron was in shock. He shut his mouth before saying anything else. It was silence for a few minutes as we kept trudging on. "So, where is your group?" I asked again. "My group? Oh, I only had one friend. She's dead...she was taken somewhere..." I nodded and walked on.

PAIGE'S P.O.V
I cuddled against Carl, tightly. He carried me farther and farther. We finally found a spot to stop. Carl sat me down on the ground. A pillow of plush leaves. "Now, I'm gonna go find some food. Maybe a berry bush or something. Can I trust you with her?" His gaze darted to Aaron. With no hesitation, Aaron replied,"Of course! No problem!" Carl looked at me, and smiled. He walked away, scouring the woods. "Hey..." Aaron said, his blue eyes looking straight at me. "Hi." I answered shyly. "What's his problem?" His thumb pointing towards Carl's direction. "He has no problem!" I answered, raising my voice. "I'm sorry, I say ignorant things around pretty girls." My cheeks went red. "Um...thank you?" He scooted a little closer to me. "Your welcome." He smiled. He took my hands,"You might need to get used to me saying stuff like that cause you're gorgeous." I shook his hands out of mine and turned away. "Sorry...I can't do this..." "Do what?" He scooted really close beside me. I was about to share my reasoning, but he turned my head towards him, holding my chin. "You mean this?" He leaned in and kissed me. As soon as we did, we heard a muffled, far away,"Aaron?"