Part 17

PAIGE'S P.O.V
I jumped back in fear with a loud screech. I saw a girl walking towards us from the distance. She had brown hair, she had a ragged white button up shirt, and black pants on. Her facial features were not clear enough for me to describe. Aaron looked confused,"Oh...no..." He mumbled. I darted my eyes back and forth between them. She finally got close enough for me to depict her face. She had crystal blue eyes, and lots of freckles. "Tris?" He said. She started sprinting towards him as he stood up. He hesitantly wrapped his arms around her. I was sitting on the ground, staring at this mystery girl. Her hair was in a messy bun, and she looked healthier than all of us. Her face was full of color as our groups' faces were in need of it.

I saw Carl charging at us, darting in between the wooden skyscrapers. His hair was flying backwards as the wind picked up. He had scratches on him like he had been startled. He heard me scream...Oh no... He came up to me and asked, worried,"What happened? Are you okay? Did he do something to you? Who is that?" His eyes darting throughout the area. "I'm Tris. Top medical expertise in the Medical Field of The JRC. And you are?" "I'm...Carl..." He said, embarrassed. "Do you need assistance with this lady's wounds?" She gestured towards me.

CARL'S P.O.V
I looked over at Paige as she nodded. "Yeah..." She rushed over beside her, unwrapped the shirt around it, and examined her newly, open wounds. "I know what to do." She reached into her pants pocket and pulled out a needle and thread. "Carl, will you take her wound and hold it together." "Hold it together?!?" I screeched. "Yes, take both sides of her skin around the area and put them together." She pointed at the gap in Paige's side.

Tears filled my eye, more like tears of disgust. I nodded and squatted beside Paige. She smiled. I took each piece of skin and slowly out them beside each other. Paige screeched and cried. Grunting between her teeth. Tris slipped the thread in the eye of the needle. She started inserting in the skin, poking the sharp object out each side. Tris did this with no emotion, not even worrying about Paige being in pain. Little droplets of blood ran down the side of torso. I wiped it off with the shirt we had used to wrap the wound. "There." She said sticking the needle and thread back into her pocket.

Paige sighed in relief. Then, she pulled her shirt over the stitched up slit. "Now, I will be going. Thank you for your patience." I was confused. "Why don't you just stay with us?" I asked politely. "Oh, I won't be doing that. None of you can ever be trusted." Her eyes were stuck on Aaron for a bit when she said that. He took a big gulp as she slowly walked away from us, deeper into the woods.