Part 33

CARL'S P.O.V
In a flash, a large gust of fire blew into our faces. I wrapped my arm around Paige, she huddled her face into my shirt. The breeze was strong and hot. I fell to the ground, making sure Paige was safe. I bounced the side of my head off the concrete as each part of my body painfully hit the cement. A loud scream of pain shot out of my mouth as fast as a bullet. I turned Paige over, so I was huddling her, sheltering her. I could feel the blood streaming from the wound on the side of my head, but I didn't care. The only thing on my mind at that moment was Paige.

PAIGE'S P.O.V
I felt drop after drop of a warm substance falling onto my face. The shadow of Carl hovered over me. He held me close against him, protecting me from the explosion. I slowly felt Carl rise off of me as the air grew cooler. I looked around as the sun burned my eyes. The light blinding me.

I noticed everyone staring at us, hiding behind rocks and other objects. "Is everyone okay?" Rick yelled. We all slowly nodded. Everyone stood up, Carl picking me up. "You're bleeding, Paige!" He exclaimed. I giggled with a smile. "Im not bleeding, Carl. You are." He made his way to his wound, and nodded as he looked at his blood covered hands. He leaned in, touching my nose with his. He put his bloody hand on the side of my face, leaving a handprint of red. "Did I keep you safe?" He asked with a smile. "Yes..." I giggled. "Like I promised?" He added. "Like you promised..." I whispered. He gently touched my lips with his, giving me that amazing feeling.

RICK'S P.O.V
I decided to except the fact that Carl loves her. She loves him. I looked around to see everyone smiling, it made me smile. But, my smile slowly faded when something caught my eye. A crusted fried figure laying on the ground. It was charred with small hints of red peeking through each burn. I stumbled my way to the object. As I got closer, a horrible stench filled my nostrils. Tears filled my eyes as I fell to my knees,"Michonne..."

Everyone jogged over to me. They all were in pure shock as they witnessed what I was seeing. "She's dead...." Paige muttered. Everyone was in tears. We all looked around in pure shock. Michonne was dead, the building was burning. But, something else caught my eye. There was something still moving inside the JRC.