Part 31

MAGGIE'S P.O.V
I finally found him. Glenn was here. I fell to my knees at his side, crying. "M-Maggie..." He muttered, his eyelids fluttering. "Yeah, it's me...it's me..." I whispered in the crease of his neck. I kissed his forehead as my tears dripped onto his face. His hand wrapped around waist as he held me tightly. "Hey! You're not off the hook!" I saw a man standing in the far back of the room. He was breathing heavy, a look of anger on his face. He started sprinting towards us, lunging at us. Then, his head flung to the side, stopping his attack. He fell to the ground, his body twitching as the arrow peeked out of his head.

DARYL'S P.O.V
I walked up to my victim, ripping the arrow out of the target. Everyone was staring at me in horror. I shrugged, the arrow in my hand,"What?" Everyone looked at me, confused. "O-okay...let's go..." Carl muttered. I looked back to see Maggie hovered over Glenn. A motionless Glenn. I jogged over beside them in panic. "What happened?" I asked. "He's bleeding so much...I don't know what to do." Maggie muttered in fear. "Where is he bleeding at?" I asked, examining him. Her arm extended out to a deep bite in his shoulder.

"He's been bit..." I said in shock. Maggie shook her head, sadly. "I-I...what are we supposed to do?" She sobbed. I looked up at her as her eyes glanced at mine. I nodded and she knew what I meant. She broke down into tears and rubbed the side of his face. "Do you want to do it?" I asked her, holding out my gun.

She nodded, slightly. "Okay..." I mumbled. Her hand shakily reached out to grasp my gun. Every move she made was another tear. Everyone stood back, sadly. She hesitantly loaded the gun and aimed it. "I'm sorry, honey..." She muttered as she laid her finger on the trigger. "Wait..."